Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pankration
I've tried drumming up support for Pankration at the Festival on the Ancient Combat Sports forum and via the Historical Pankration Project, but it seems that all those who would love to come, can't.
There are groups doing it as a combat sport, but I can't find any way to contact them.

If anyone can get hold of these people, please put them in touch with me but, at the same time, I'd like to know if anyone who is coming to the Festival fancies trying to re-create the pankration contest. We can do it ourselves!
Elthe prospathei, ean seauton sthenaron froneis! Is really what I was trying to say.
Quote:Elthe prospathei, ean seauton sthenaron froneis! Is really what I was trying to say.

Eh?? Confusedhock:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Robert it is an incitment in ancient Greek "Come try it if you feel strong enough". It is the polite version unlike Molon Lave.
Kind regards
Quote:Molon Lave.

Eh?? Confusedhock:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
hoplite14gr:1voseihp Wrote:Molon Lave.

Eh?? Confusedhock:

CAME ON!! Is the famous reply that Leonidas gave to Xerxes in Thermopylae when he asked him to surrender the Spartan weapons.
Translated by the Victorian scholars as "come and get them".:!:
Actualy the exact-up to the point translation is for adult forums and we are a historical forum. Suffice to say it has to do with genitalia to put it mildly :oops:
Kind regards