Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'Karma\'
Quote:You got all the karma points in one go Svenja. I gave all members one/year of RAT as a thank you for making this community as good as it is.
Sorry if that disappoints you.

I'm not even member for one year, so how come I got five karma points? So someone else must have given me some, too. Nonetheless I do hope that the others here find my post at least somewhat interesting.
Oh. Well, because I didn't want to figure out how long each of our 600+ members had been here and give them individually karma points, I just gave everyone 5. Big Grin
In the meantime, I'm sure that your posts are appreciated by the others as well!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Who is giving me all these karmae/karma's?
OK, I'm very chuffed with them but a slight feeling of drowning is slowly creeping up on me.. I'm popular? Help!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Who is giving me all these karmae/karma's?
Heh heh - Vorti's got an admirer Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Big Grin D D
That's for sure, but who?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Even more surprising is that you can only give one karma point/hour methinks.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:To maintain the cosmic balance, I'll take all the negative karma for my fellow forum members.
Thank you for your willingness to suffer on behalf of your comrades, but I'm pleased that they dispensed with the negative karma points before I joined the forum.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:I think it'd be better if you randomly deleted one out of every ten accounts every time a bad post was made. Far more Roman!
I concur.

It is so pleasant to be part of a community where a person can simply allude to a Roman practice and all will understand it. I am truly enjoying being a part of this forum!
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
I think "Karma" should be changed to "Kudos". It's more appropriate being a Greek term used in the popular tongue to express praise. "Karma" is an Indian word / concept (and when someone mentions the word I think of hippies :roll: )
Jaime
:lol: I have no problem with that. Anyone else think it should be changed?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Yes, I do.
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Quote:I think "Karma" should be changed to "Kudos". It's more appropriate being a Greek term used in the popular tongue to express praise. "Karma" is an Indian word / concept (and when someone mentions the word I think of hippies :roll: )
Oh dear........i am rumbled...... :oops: :oops: :lol:
I have to admit that as we are collecting Karma......its a good job that the 'bad' karma is not collected.......just the good....!
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:I think "Karma" should be changed to "Kudos".
I concur. A great insight, Theodosius.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
It's been changed to Laudes, from latin laus, praise.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:It's been changed to Laudes, from latin laus, praise.

Even better!
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laudes (karma) system Praefectusclassis 17 3,915 12-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Ghostmojo
  "Karma Change Disabled for this User" Jona Lendering 7 3,142 07-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis