Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google analytics
I just managed to sneak Romanarmy.com when google made its analytics program free and before they closed submissions due to overload.
Some statistics for the period between November 19th and December 3rd (two weeks) and perhaps I should add that my home address has been excluded:

Visits: 10,794
Pageviews: 110,299
41% of those visitors is new, the rest is returning.
The top keywords are as expected, Roman army, Roman Army Talk, but no.5 is "regina regensburg lusoria" :!: 28 Times people were looking for the ala dromedaria.
6340 of those visits came straight to the site (i.e., they have the site bookmarked).
Most referrals come from Livius.org (thanks Jona!), then from old RAT, then a load of mailservers. I suppose quite some members use the 'notify me of replies' option and login straight from their emails.
As far as location is concerned:
USA: 3383 visits
UK: 2773 (that's Tarbicus :wink: )
Italy: 562
Germany: 521
Netherlands: 508
Spain: 432
Belgium: 418
Canada: 327
Australia: 229
Finland: 176

The busiest day was Monday 28 November, with 565 visits, while Saturday 19 November was the quietest one with 351.
In this period, 60 visiters visited the site 101-200 times, 415 came 51-100 times, 1136 26-50 times and 1067 15-25. That means that 2678 people came at least once during this period!

And for the paranoid among you: no, I cannot see who is who.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
interesting numbers. I'm really surprised by the "regina regensburg lusoria" and the number of visits from Finland and Australia during those 2 weeks
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Just for fun I checked again.
Since November 19th last year - i.e. just over 7 months - these are the statistics:

Romanarmy.com is now 3rd on google's list on the words 'Roman army'

Visits: Visits: Visits: 166,163
Pageviews: 1,837,008
35% of those visitors is new, the rest is returning.
The top keywords are as expected, Roman army, Roman Army Talk and variatons.
68,867 of those visits came straight to the site (i.e., they have the site bookmarked).
Most referrals come from still from google, livius (still thank you Jona!), yahoo and romanarmy.nl. Many people apparently use that mirror.
As far as location is concerned:
USA: 56,289 visits
UK: 34,697
Germany: 10,714
Netherlands: 8,136
Spain: 7,799
Italy: 6,621
Canada: 5,292
Belgium: 5,077
Australia: 3,805
Finland: 3,452

The conclusion from that list must be that we still have some marketing to do in France especially Big Grin

The busiest day was May 17th, with 998 visits, while Christmas day was the quietest one with 339.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Just for fun I checked again.
Well, that's.. overwhelming.
Can we all take a peek there?

Quote:The conclusion from that list must be that we still have some marketing to do in France especially Big Grin
From my experience with French re-enactors so far it seems that (the English) language is the biggest problem.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Can we all take a peek there?
Nope, I can give access on a per-user basis, but you'll understand I'm not going to type in 870 email addresses. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Shoot. Cry
Where can I apply for my own sites?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)