Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Greek Festival
The First International Ancient Greek Festival will take place on June the 3rd and 4th, 2006 in Watford (the Athens of Middlesex) and it will be amazing! We have re-enactors from around the world, including real Greeks from Greece and real Persians from Persia. I should have posted this earlier, but hadn't spotted the "Events" page.
And have you spotted the calendar? http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/cal_lite.php
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Roughly three months left!

I can't wait... :twisted:
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
As I've mentioned before, it looks as though a few people will have spare kit at the festival, which they are willing to lend to others, so let me know if you'd like to come, but have none. the best way to handle this is to "book" items out to individuals.

Then again, if you're willing to take on a light-armed or civilian role, should there be insufficient Hoplite kit for you, just come along on spec.
Quite a while ago that someone said something over here Smile

Well in this case it isn't that good news ... I'm afraid I've got to cancel, they've asked me to drive a race that weekend. Racing is my main occupation, and since that race is quite important sadly enought I've got to cancel. I'd like to come over, but I had to make a choise... sorry again. Though I'd like to see some pictures afterwards Wink
a.k.a. Daan Vanhamme
Good luck with the race, Ramesses! That'll be in chariots, will it? Big Grin
Quote:Good luck with the race, Ramesses! That'll be in chariots, will it? Big Grin

Thanks, the big chariots got horse power anyway ... Big Grin
a.k.a. Daan Vanhamme
More power to your horses!
Something that I have learned from the Festival... Never, ever, dare to charge a bronze-clad Thespian!
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Pictures! Smile
real Name Tobias Gabrys

Flavii <a class="postlink" href="http://www.flavii.de">www.flavii.de
& Hetairoi <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hetairoi.de">www.hetairoi.de
[size=150:ggal8wwk]OK Where the next Hopliticon festival should be?[/size]

Paul Allen has tried to contact the people related with Nashvill Parthenond but it said that now answer yet.

Me and acouple of friends try to see if after the munishipal elections in Greece there will be people in places who would give us at least the the place to stage it, even as apart of a larger event. More on that after October.

Americans and Australians will have distance problems but also Europenas if the event is staged outside Europe.

Well how many people would like to see an event like this in 2007 or 2008 and where=?

Kind regards
Quote:[size=150:3hkt58iw]OK Where the next Hopliticon festival should be?[/size]

Paul Allen has tried to contact the people related with Nashvill Parthenond but it said that now answer yet.

Me and acouple of friends try to see if after the munishipal elections in Greece there will be people in places who would give us at least the the place to stage it, even as apart of a larger event. More on that after October.

Americans and Australians will have distance problems but also Europenas if the event is staged outside Europe.

Well how many people would like to see an event like this in 2007 or 2008 and where=?

Kind regards

Hmmm!... For the time that had passed, its about time those people had answer already... it doesnt look positive... then I would say for plan B ( Englan or Greece or Even in Catalunia (Spain), to know our other Files there at the riuns of Greek Emporion!...

Nice Mediterranean Weather!.

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Hi Stephanos

Good idea...... I am all for GREECE itself.... makes sense after all. Could we try somewhere of ancient importance ie.

Athens, Corinth, Olympus, Sparta etc, etc..... Bearing in mind what you and I are trying to sort our for the wedding we might be able to find out what the authorities would allow at the same time. What do you think?

Just a thought mate.

Mark.
Noli Nothis permittere te terere!!

Mark.
Khiare,
there was some talk about approaching the organisers of the ancient Greek 'Prometheia' on Mt Olympus, but a connection with the Polytheistic aspect of the festival was felt inappropriate by some..which is a shame.
As Stefanos says, there has been no reply from Nashville as yet and in fact, all the recent discussion threads seem to have disappeared from the IAGF Forum.
It would be great to hold an event at an appropriate ancient site, as long as ghostly Hoplites from the opposing side don't appear...! (it could answer the question on footwear and some other things though)
The other place that springs to mind is that early castle that Spyros posted photos of......Aegosthena
(During the cooler months that is....:lol: )
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Well I hope that at least this thread will be noticed by the RAT members and we will have something rolling.

Kind regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient Music Festival Susanna 2 1,320 08-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Susanna
  International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 Anonymous 46 12,497 08-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Last Post: hoplite14gr
  Some pictures from the First Ancient Greek Festival! Susanne 6 2,753 06-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Susanne