Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belt Construction
I have a triple disk, which John has tried on. I got it from Valetine on a one-of-a-kind. It does not seem excessivly large. the belt fits a 36-38 waist easy.

The elaborate one Deepeeka makes may be to big, but mine is fine.

Does mine seem to large John? Or are we talikng about different things here?

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)
Ralph:
The one Nix pictures on his site looks exactly like yours, which fits me about the same way as the one in the tomb painting described above. I think the criticism comes from ancient art work that shows the triple disk covering little more than the chest. They may have been made in many sizes.
Pecunia non olet
Quote:Cheers for the link.

Dark blue re - Hamata, could be... guess we'll never know.

Unless they ever find a second part to Aneirin's classic (with notes)

'Y Gododdin II- The Return of the Votadini'

Now I'm getting silly aren't I!
Not at all....... Big Grin
That will be a day I look forward to...the Votadini are my adopted Romano/Briton ancestors (the others are Sarmatian).... Big Grin !
Anyway, I would like to ask Aneirin some questions regarding certain British heroes that seemed to be fighting on the same side as the 'Saxons' and exactly when this battle took place....as some things do not match up....hehe :lol:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Ummm...

The Samnite belt I have with the triple disk has the hippogriff relief. It and the plamate frogs are seperate pieces. They are stamped, and I suppose should be embossed, and cast, respectively. If you got a 24 ga. sheet of red brass, (as it is called), you could cut one. The sell them here for about 8 bucks a 6"x40" sheet. You can cut this with a large paper cutting board, I found out. Don't let the graphic arts dept know you are doing this with their precious paper cutter, though. You can cut the frogs from 20 ga. and file them into a releif shape. Stitching the belt edge would be the biggest problem. You gotta punch the holes and then stitch the leather edging without really knowing where the holes are though. The belt holes for the frogs have a brass grommet. Cut about a 1 cm. length of appropriate sized brass tubing and flair each end. Then flatten with hammer or with a press.

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(R. Izard)