Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email trouble READ!!
Due to some kind of SMTP error, which we are now trying to correct with our host, the forum cannot send out any emails. That means that in those threads where people have enabled 'topic watch' an error will follow the posting of a new message. You will get an error like this:
Quote:Could not connect to smtp host : 10053 : An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Do NOT post your message again. It has been registered and will display. The error just means that the topic reply service did not work.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Greetings Jasper,
Quote:Due to some kind of SMTP error, which we are now trying to correct with our host, the forum cannot send out any emails. That means that in those threads where people have enabled 'topic watch' an error will follow the posting of a new message. You will get an error like this:
Quote:Could not connect to smtp host : 10053 : An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
Do NOT post your message again. It has been registered and will display. The error just means that the topic reply service did not work.
Does that mean you had a dozen copy PM's too.... :oops:
I discovered that,by posting and getting the 'error' message, giving up after a few tries, then going back to the Main Forum, finding
it had actually posted, so had to go back and delete the duplicated messages.
I had wondered if it was my computer, as I am having some problems elsewhere...
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Yup. It's confusing, but basically any function that uses email, PM or replying in a 'watched thread', will cause this error. Obviously, trying to send mails from the board doesn't work either.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Problem solved.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
and there was much rejoicing!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Say that again...
It was probably caused by an overzealous firewall on the provider's side.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Does this have any bearing on AOL users, or are we still the leper colony on RAT? :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Ah no.
That is an AOL privilege. Can't touch that (unless RAT-ers all want to spring for an expensive provider where we are not on a shared server).
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys