Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT visit Cologne
Hi Jasper,

No worries here 8) . I've seen the Cathedral several times already. I think I will make a quick visit to Mediamarket. In Germany they are a lot cheaper for soft- and hardware than over here in Belgium.

I'll meet you guys at noon.

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Well, ... Did you enjoy your visit? How many people was there? Will you post some pics or even a travelogue?

Aitor :roll:
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
There were 7 people (incl. me): Jasper, Sander van Dorst, me, Hansvl, Magister Navis, Flavius Promotus and Carlton_Bach.

We met at the museum at went directly to the exhibit (you can see the picture of the soldier at the database on RA.com). Very impressive to see
The carroballista and the reconstruction was also great to see (see the other thread).
After that we explored the rest of the museum, which took the rest of the day. Unfortunatly we didn´t make it to the praetorium.
We also went to a small exhibit of "koptic clothes" (textiles from Egypt from the first century AD).

An evening meal at the Chinese completed the day.

I really enjoyed the day, getting a small tour by magister navis was great (including some things he himself dug up!). Walking through a museum with persons who also share your enthousiasm of the Roman times is also priceless - endless discussions at several pieces :lol:

I was extremly tired at the end of the day (2x 3,5 hours driving) but it was worth it!.

EDIT: for several pictures see this thread:
[url:1bfp4kpb]http://www.romanarmy.nl/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1978&start=20[/url]
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.