Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a new member and question about Subarmilis
Hello everyone,

I am new to the reenactment community although I have a strong background in Roman History and I am an avid collector of ancient coins:

[url:xqdy3n5p]http://www.congiano.com/MyCoins/index.htm[/url]

Although creating a set of Roman Armor originally started out as an idea for my Halloween costume, it has blossomed into a desire to put together an authentic Roman Officer’s military garb.

Creating the Subarmilis with Pteruges should not be much of an issue as I am rather handy when it comes to working with leather. Source for constructing Subarmilis:

[/url]www.legionxxiv.org/centurionpage[/url]

Could anyone point me in the direction of other, step by step, examples of the Subarmilis?

Thanks,
Anthony Congiano… oops, I’m sorry Antonius Congianocus Tongue
Salve Antonius If you want Officers kit it can be very expensive, may I suggest Nix Imperial which have many Officer type materials ie Attic Helms with Red crests.Also Valentine Armouries in Canada sell officer type stuff ie body armour sutiable for an officer Take care Constaine Valens
He who desires peace ,let him prepare for war. He who wants victory, let him train soldiers diligently. No one dares challenge or harm one who he realises will win if he fights. Vegetius, Epitome 3, 1st Century Legionary Thomas Razem
Salve Antonius, Check out Matt Amt's LegioXX site for basic ideas and also George Metz' LegioXXIV has some great pictures of a Centurion's sub. that he made(pictures there are very good). Smile
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Big Grin Thanks guys! Nix Imperial does have some awesome Attic Style helms but, you are right about the prices... a bit expensive, worth the money and great stuff but, expensive.

I'm quite sure I dont' need a gold plated helm, want one perhaps but need one, na. :wink:

Eh, well the holidays are coming! Tongue
Tony Feldon has some roman military officer equipment.

See his work at www.hetmanmilitaria.com
Hello,

THANKS! The site www.hetmanmilitaria.com does have multiple Attic Helmets and Cuirasses as well… any many look awesome! The Cuirasses are Roman Style also, without that extra lip around the bottom.... which is great! Big Grin

Unfortunately, he doesn’t have any prices, or sizes, or product numbers listed. It’s impossible to let him know which helmet I’d like to inquire about or which Cuirass I was interested in because there aren’t any direct links; only JAVA script photos. Sad

Honestly, I don’t know if the helmets are $200 or $2000…. Rather frustrating however; I wrote to him anyway. :?

Thanks again,
Antonius
Hi Antonius,

Please post your results here. I had the same frustrated feeling while browsing his site and got turned off because there was no information at all about his products other than pictures.
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
PATER FAMILIAS DOMVS VRSVM
-Tom
Hi Antonius & Marius,

Toni Feldon makes custom amour. You tell him what you want and he makes it for you to your size. His helmets start from around 1200 Eur, going on up up to at least 2200Eur. Depends on how much silver and gold you want after that I guess. Big Grin

Andrew
Quote:I had the same frustrated feeling while browsing his site and got turned off because there was no information at all about his products other than pictures.

This thread is from March last year, but at least it's something:
link from old RAT
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Hello,

Toni Feldon did write back to me, his armor is awesome however; a bit out of my price range, helms starting around $1000 and muscle cuirasses being around $1800.

Contact information is below for those of you with the means.

Antonius Congianocus

Yes Sir, everything is for sale. Please contact our sole rep for the New World - Tony Swatton/Sword & Stone in Burbank, CA.
His phone# 818-5626548
Rgds
Toni Feldon