Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Society of Ancient Military Historians
Hi all,
Possible cooperation between RA.com/RAT & the Society of Ancient Military Historians coming up. I wondered how many RAT-ers are actually a member of this Society. Who else (yes, I am) is?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
there is a Society of Ancient Military Historians?

What does this society do?
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
There is. Online, it's here. At the moment it's not very active. It used to publish a newsletter, edited by none other than Jenny Cline, but she had no more time and since it's been rather still. I am currently discussing my proposition to take the newsletter over, in collaboration with some other RAT-ers, and, as said above, we're talking about further cooperation with RA.com/RAT.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi,

I'm not a member, but would certainly join. I didn't know it existed!!

Regards,

Britannicus
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Well, that is why we're here: to promote them! :wink:
Nah. I do think that cooperation would be for the mutual benefit of SAMH and RAT, though!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I wonder, I am still waiting waiting for my membership card. :lol:
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Me neither. I'm not sure they even supply them. :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Well, I went to their meeting at the APA/AIA convention last year, and will likely do so again come January...
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Quote:There is. Online, it's here. At the moment it's not very active. It used to publish a newsletter, edited by none other than Jenny Cline, but she had no more time and since it's been rather still. I am currently discussing my proposition to take the newsletter over, in collaboration with some other RAT-ers, and, as said above, we're talking about further cooperation with RA.com/RAT.

The Society of Ancient Military Historians, is relaunching. A new website has now been set up.

I will do my best to periodically login here and check for messages. We at SAMH are looking forward to getting in touch with other people who are also interested. We are presently working on the next issue of RES Militares (newsletter) for release in the next few weeks. It will mostly be delivered electronically and currently membership in the society is free (when opting for electronic delivery of the newsletter).

Please feel free to contact us directly through the website, or by email, or through the forums here.

Thanks,

Dan Powers, current Secretary, Society of Ancient Military Historians
University of Utah/ University College Dublin
Dan Powers
Society of Ancient Military Historians, Secretary
http://arkaion-bellum.com/

“It’s not a matter of being afraid or not, it’s about what you do when you ARE afraid”
Question : Why post the same topic in three sections ?

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient Egypt as a Modern-Day Society in new novel A_Volpe 3 1,201 08-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  Ancient Military PhDs Praefectusclassis 43 8,316 04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Kate Gilliver