Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are You From?
Hi,<br>
I'm a Kuwaiti, and working there, hehe.<br>
Cheers. <p></p><i></i>
well either way its good to have some people from the middle east as well. You will find a wide variety of people here ranging from canada and america to europe and australia and I think even someone from Japan. It provides for some very stimulating and enjoyable conversation as there are also a wide age range, from our students, such as myself, all the way to people who are experts on the area of rome. We have a lot of authors as well as a lot of people involved in reenactment. <p>THERE ARE NO STUPID PEOPLE, ONLY PEOPLE STUPID ENOUGH TO NOT KNOW WHEN THEY'VE MADE A MISTAKE</p><i></i>
"Freedom was at stake- freedom, which whets the courage of brave men"- Titus Livius

Nil recitas et vis, Mamerce, poeta videri.
Quidquid vis esto, dummodo nil recites!- Martial
Mowahid,<br>
Do you know of any investigation on the military equiipmente worn by the Arab armies who invaded and defeated the Roman and Persian empires?<br>
<br>
Aitor<br>
Pijus Magnificus <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Hi,<br>
Not really, I collect swords that has been used in the last century only, along with daggers (you gotta love the curved ones). Besides, I consider myself a novice on this, so this will be interesting to search for in this area. I know a guy who ownes an Islamic arts place he will be a good reference if I can reach him.<br>
By the way, I have visited Rome 17 times and it just hits me that I'm in love with that place, hahaha.<br>
Anyways, its great to find people with experience in the history of Rome to learn from.<br>
Cheers. <p></p><i></i>
Welcome, Mowahid!<br>
<br>
I believe Sassanid, another member, is from Iran, although IIRC he lives in California now.<br>
<br>
Jenny <p><br>
--------------------<br>
<br>
"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they are realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."<br>
-- Niccoló Machiavelli, <em>The Discourses</em>, 1517. </p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Well I'm a little late to this topic, but I'm from Newcastle Australia. <p></p><i></i>
I know I'm coming horrendously late to this debate, but I'm from Jersey, the largest of the Channel Islands and part of the British Isles. The Romans called it Andium, by the way. I suppose my native tongue is Jerriais (Jersey Norman-French), and ancient language related to Norman-French and Old Norse, which has far more letters in its words than any language should reasonably have:<br>
<br>
<strong>Jerriais</strong> / <strong>French</strong> / <strong>English</strong><br>
tchian / chien / dog<br>
dgiêux / dix / ten<br>
eune rouoge flieur / une fleur rouge / a red flower<br>
<br>
I, however, speak English, which is probably a mercy for all concerned <p></p><i></i>
Dude, get it straight it's<br>
Webstah Lake<br>
<br>
And you can't pahk yer cah in Hahvad yahd cause they'll tow it to Summaville if you do.<br>
<br>
That's wickid retahhded! <p></p><i></i>
Just saw the poll...<br>
<br>
Belgian legionair <p></p><i></i>
Balearic volunteer, Ibiza/Ebusus, Hispania <p></p><i></i>
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel