Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HASTA PURA Award RULES Discussion
[size=150:3b2i64h2] Roman Army Talk v2 proudly presents the HASTA PURA award for RAT members! [/size]

The HASTA PURA will be given as a permanent medal to RAT members with an extraordinarily well reconstructed kit / gear / display:

[Image: hasta.gif]

How do you get the HASTA PURA?

Each RAT member who wants to get the HASTA PURA can make one (1) thread in this subforum. In this thread you can present your equipment / gear / reconstruction(s). Any other posts in this subforum will be deleted without notification.

*edit. 18.05.2006*
Here are the new rules for the Hasta Pura. See also below on page 2. Big Grin

Here a few changes to the Hasta Pura award.

1. The Hasta Pura award will in future be given by a group of Forum Members. These Forum members are those who have received the award already, and me. We have a discussion bord, where we decide who will get the next Hasta Pura.

2. Nominees will have to follow a model nomation to make their own nomination. Any nominations that do not follow the model nomination must have a darn good reason for not doing so, and name this reason in the presentation.

3. The terminology for a "reconstruction" is quite clear: Reproduce an object with the methods with which it was made. As this is usually hardly achieved, it is O.K. to present any "reproductions", as long as the presentation clearly states why a compromise in the reconstruction process was made.

4. Nominees may only participate with one (1) object.

5. Nominations can be made by any registered forum user.

6. The award will no longer be given at a certain point, nor will there be aby longer any deadlines. When a very good contribution is made, the award will be given

Presentations are to be made in the following order:

1.: You must provide at least one good picture of the object.

2.: You must name the original that is reconstructed, cite the publication(s) concerned with the object, and provide (a) picture(s) of the original.

3.: You must name who made the reconstruction, with what method(s), with what material(s), and you must name any compromises in material and reconstruction method that were made during creation of the object.

4.: Only the text and pictures to be seen in the presentation are used for appraisal, no links. If you have more than three pictures you may make several postings.

I will leave the original posting below:

*edit*

To present your equipment the following requirements must be fulfilled:

1.: You must name the original that is reconstructed, cite the publication(s) concerned with the object, and, if possible, provide (a) picture(s) of the original.

2.: You must name who made the reconstruction, with what method(s), with what material(s), and you must name any compromises in reconstruction and reconstruction method that were made during creation of the object.

3.: You must provide at least one good picture of the object.

4.: You may not simply post a link to your nice and shiny prepared site displaying your equipment with tons of pics and blinking "give me the HASTA PURA" signs in 45 different colors (you get the message).
You CAN put in links to movies. (like this one: [url:3b2i64h2]http://mitglied.lycos.de/tanja1hecht/hpbimg/konamiplatt3mb.wmv[/url] <= right click and "save as..." (3mb) Tongue )

5.: You must be nominated for the Hasta Pura by your fellow RAT'ers in the 'HASTA PURA nomination' thread

You can participate with a single object, however more might (but must not) be better.

[size=200:3b2i64h2] Next HASTA PURA award deadline is April 10th!!![/size]
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:[(like this one: [url:30hl24cc]http://mitglied.lycos.de/tanja1hecht/hpbimg/konamiplatt3mb.wmv[/url] <= right click and "save as..." (3mb) Tongue )
That's a dead link. Lycos won't allow pictures or movies to be used that way. :?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
No, it's not. Just tried it out. As I wrote: Right click, "Save Target as.." then open in Media Player (e.g.)
Christian K.

Didn't work in Firefox, but worked in IE. Must be a Netscape problem (or Lycos).
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:No, it's not. Just tried it out. As I wrote: Right click, "Save Target as.." then open in Media Player (e.g.)
You're right - my mistake! :? D
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Greetings,
when I open in IE it goes to a Lycos Homebuilder page then jumps to another page, which does not have the 'right click - save as' option
I then copied and pasted the addy into Firefox and it opened directly in Media Player..... :roll:
confusing......
yes, the music is nice...!
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
You don't even need to open it. Uwe is correct, you can just right-click the link in the RAT message and save it to your hard disc. Open it from there and all works just fine. Well, it did for me, in the end. Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:You don't even need to open it. Uwe is correct, you can just right-click the link in the RAT message and save it to your hard disc. Open it from there and all works just fine. Well, it did for me, in the end. Big Grin
Oh, yes it does......misunderstood ...... :oops:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Okay, y'all. Nuff talking about a link that was only there as an example. How's about some nominations!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I nominate LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS for the HASTA PURA AWARD.

Appart from being one of my best friends (that has nothing to do with this nomination), I think the quality of his equipment is supreme, being made by him all but his helmet (hand made by an English craftman).

He is an archeologist and is experimenting in the ancient methods of craft making and was congratulated by Godfrey Night himself when we all met at Archeon and checked his equipment.

And a very important think: he is always thinking in improving his equipment.
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Quote:Uwe is correct

Thank You, too much honor :wink: - but I wasn't, I think You wanted to refer to Christian (caiustarquitius).

Uwe
Greets - Uwe
I nominate Matt Lukes for the award. He does a lot of research and always strives to make things as close to the originals as possible.

How about some pictures of your gear guys? Smile

Kind regards,
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
I think ummos1501 is doing what needs to be done to be qualified for this award. Ergo, I nominate him!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
The deadline for the first Hasta Pura was 10.12.
All the nominees that have made their contribution after that date will be in for the Second run.
Deadline for the second run is 10.02.2006

Hereby the first Hasta Pura goes to: Matt L
Cheers!
Christian K.

Hi Matt,

Quote:Hereby the first Hasta Pura goes to: Matt L

My congratulations, Matt - from what I've seen of your work, you deserve it!

Martin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hasta Pura Nomination caiusbeerquitius 62 54,380 01-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  Edge Gibbons -- Hasta Pura Submission (1st Post) Gaius_Calvus 1 5,663 12-16-2008, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Magnus
  Edge Gibbons -- Hasta Pura Submission (Final Post) Gaius_Calvus 2 6,185 12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Gaius_Calvus