Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
evocati ii
an offshoot of the other evocati thread ... HBO's thing had Vorenus undergo some sort of ritual as he became an evocatus. Is this ritual attested anywhere? I've come up dry on that score
I've never come across any info on any ritual about honorable discharge (but I certainly haven't read everything). That being said, honorable discharge was a big thing that came with important privileges. The diploma phenomenon, probably expensive copies of the originals in Rome, testified on by witnesses, is evidence for this importance. A certain ceremony may therefore be expected.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
if not a ritual specifically for evocati, was there some sort of ritual upon recruitment? did taking the sacramentum involve some sort of ritual?
Quote:I've never come across any info on any ritual about honorable discharge

Well I would not say it was a discharge ceremony, but an induction ceremony into the Evocati. Reminded me of the ceremonies to be inducted into Knighthood - all night vigil and such...
Sean
Thanks for the information friends
To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, and power over nothing" - Herodotus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evocati Prefect Cipher 2 34,195 02-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Cipher
  Evocati what are they? Caius Valens 2 3,168 02-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: L C Cinna
  Evocati Vespasian 5 3,929 10-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Last Post: locksley