Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet troubles
So not Roman it defies description, but generally relevant anyway:

[url:4r4685b8]http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2005/10/07/dispute_threatens_to_snarl_internet/[/url]

Cheers.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Greetings,
the usual thing, money at the bottom of it....
What I can't understand if one company is increasing it's customers, how are they still losing money and if the company who wants to pull out has made a loss of 234 million more than the other, is it surprising they don't want to be made to pay the cost and need to stabilise their prices???
This sounds like a partnership that is very unbalanced - if two partners run a company, both drawing the same wages and one has double the outgoings to cover, it is obvious if his wages are not increased he will start getting into debt and look for ways to increase income.... :?
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:Uncle Romulus says,
[Image: salt.jpg]
* Electronic bulk mail (spam with small "s"), not the Hormel product
Revision Date: VIII/XXIX/MMV (8/29/2005)

After the Romans killed every man in Carthage, they sold the women and children as slaves, looted and burned the city, and finally plowed up the fields and sowed them with salt so nothing would ever grow there again. When applied to spammers, those Romans had some good ideas!

An interviewer asked Uncle Romulus how he knows he actually exists. "Caedo, ergo sum," he replied. ("I kill, therefore I am.")
Latin is an easy language to learn. If it's a verb, it probably means, "To kill." (Decimate = kill every tenth person, for example.) If it's a noun, it probably means war or something related to war.

The gates of the temple of Janus were kept open in time of war and closed in times of peace. It is said that the gate became a regular thoroughfare.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)