Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Mediaeval helmet
(Sorry for posting this here but the Arador Armour Library forum is having hacking troubles so I hope you Romans can help me with Mediaeval stuff too)

- What do you think about the products that are being sold on the website Bestarmour.com? are they any good?

- And what do you think about this particular sallet? is it accurate?
http://www.bestarmour.com/salir11.htm
Frank
Vescere bracis meis!
Hi Frank,

I moved your questions to the OT section.
Sorry, I don't have a clue about medieval stuff, but I'm sure someone else here has.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:- What do you think about the products that are being sold on the website Bestarmour.com? are they any good?

- And what do you think about this particular sallet? is it accurate?

Looks good to me (although hardly my area of expertise), it is a Sallet. North Italian (probably Milanese) c.1490. Pretty accurate, although I have only ever seen a line drawing. Certainly matches them, the only thing that is slightly different, are the two visor rivets, the originals are larger.

Best regards,

Andrew
best armour is a good group of guys. the helm i believe is a bellowed visored sallet. later 15thc. if you order it, they usually size the helmets small. so tell them what kinda of padding you want and include the padding diamensions in your head di. when giving the order. you can ask them via email what their base for this helmet is. they should send you a pic of the orig. i do 15thc lh so i know a lil Wink
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
For your time period I would suggest posting on armourarchive.org. Just be specific with your questions and which board you post on, we can tend to be a little grumpy over there.
Juan Santell
Ok, thanks for the info so far.
Frank
Vescere bracis meis!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Mediaeval gauntlets Batavian 1 1,039 09-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat