Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Czech republic
Hi,
Quote:My country is Catalonia, a small nation in the north-east of Spain and the south east of France, so, we the Catalans have always been between the two big guys: the French and the Spaniards...
Interesting that you speak about it! Could you, please, tell me more about these problems of your nation (especially during the 20. century)? By chance a week ago I was indirectly asked on this matter during my exam from history. Unfortunately the only thing I knew was the location of Catalonia. :oops: I would like to learn more...
Greetings
Alexandr
Quote:My country is Catalonia, a small nation in the north-east of Spain and the south east of France, so, we the Catalans have always been between the two big guys: the French and the Spaniards...

Our national day is the 11th september, when we "celebrate" our worst defeat in 1714 from the Spaniards (Castillan, in fact) and French armies. ...

DELETE: Sorry Favintianus I just delete what I post, I dont like Sep 11 either, my family share the same celebration of our defeat on that day :evil: Celebrate defeat it is not a Good thing for me! Confusedhock:

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Comerus: You're right, if we celebrate defeat means that we had no victories at all!

Alexandr: I'll try to make it in chapters, I'll send it you by emails.
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Thank you very much Faventianus! I hope I'm not burdening you with this. Just a short, basic introduction to the problem would be enough for me. I'm sure, you have a lot of other things to do...
Thank you again.
Greetings
Alexandr
Hey Alexandr, greetings to you guys in the Marcomannia Big Grin

A really nice novel is "The Brave Soldier Schweik" by Jaroslav Hashek (with the illustrations from Josef Lada). There are passages which I almost know by heart (only the German version :oops: ).

Other famous Czech persons or products coming to my mind:

Alfred Wenzel Eusebius von Valdstejn, Havel, Skoda cars, Thomas and Jan Masaryk, Brod, Werfel, Kafka, Kish...

Greets,
FLavius Promotus/Aurelius Florianus
Florian Himmler (not related!)
Yeah! "The Brave Soldier Schweik" is really fantastic book. Big Grin

But how is it possible, nobody mentioned beer when talking about Czech Republic?! Confusedhock: Does nobody like good beer here?
Barrandov Film Studios, Budweiser and Krasovice.

...typical...
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!