Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trajanic frieze from Chiusi
I have seen a number of references on the RAT forum to a recently discovered Trajanic frieze from Chiusi and am interested in learning more about it. Does anyone know whether it has been published yet ? I would be most grateful for any assistance.
Hi there
I think I have been, on this forum, the only source regards the Trajanic frieze in Chiusi.

Since I saw it three years ago I have searched for info but found nothing.
I am planning to go to Tuscany this fall before wheather gets too bad and will do my best to detour to Chiusi. I will go with a digital camera and a cell phone with camera. I will also insist to talk with director of museum to get some info, at least a link to the archeologist/art-historian that is studying the piece. But Italy is absolutely FULL of art treasures and there is the real risk that NOW ONE is actually studying it!

Three years ago the museum people said that photos could not be taken but I will try explaining that we are a harmless bunch and will even try to take a photo secretly with my phone! At the time of my first visit I did not have a camera of any sorts.

Believe me, the frieze is wonderful with great details!!! A real treat and quite exciting in its composition.

ciao for now
Jeff
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
May FORTVNA be with You, Goffredo.
Greets - Uwe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chiusi sarcophagus battle Goffredo 8 2,719 08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Komanos
  Trajanic frieze Goffredo 21 4,706 10-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Last Post: TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS