Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emperor Justintine
Quote:</em></strong><hr>Lombards --whose original name, Langobards, refers to their long beards<hr><br>
Somehow I really doubt that. Maybe it did once, when the tribe was still settled in northern Germany, but it certainly is not corroborated by images of them in contemporary art.<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert (means 'red beard') <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
The statement of the long beards is from the article and not a statement of mine. The article comes from a university web site from the history department so probably has some inadequecies. I know those are not the best sources but the first one I can across when searching. <p></p><i></i>
"Freedom was at stake- freedom, which whets the courage of brave men"- Titus Livius

Nil recitas et vis, Mamerce, poeta videri.
Quidquid vis esto, dummodo nil recites!- Martial
Better you "quote" next time Gnaeus..<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert<br>
<em>Haud credibile posso quae non Roman est</em> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=vortigernstudies>Vortigern Studies</A> at: 7/9/04 6:15 pm<br></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
That would have been wise. It was almost time to leave work, so was in a hurry to get it in, but thanks for the advise. <p>THERE ARE NO STUPID PEOPLE, ONLY PEOPLE STUPID ENOUGH TO NOT KNOW WHEN THEY'VE MADE A MISTAKE</p><i></i>
"Freedom was at stake- freedom, which whets the courage of brave men"- Titus Livius

Nil recitas et vis, Mamerce, poeta videri.
Quidquid vis esto, dummodo nil recites!- Martial