Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dutch reenactors needed to impress students
Who is available and willing to come and impress 100+ first year history students at Nijmegen U. on a Wednesday or Friday next October?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Sure. When exactly?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
If they are late Romans :wink: 12, 14, 26 or 28th of October, preferably the Fridays so we can have you go to all groups.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Sounds cool. If you can give me some exact times and days, I'll look I can skip some of my own colleges. (I'm only 2 buildings away from you, so'll be able to come I think.. Big Grin

Jurjen
ALA I BATAVORUM
Can you come at the same date? That'd be fun! Timewise: well, there are 6 workgroups, spread out over the day. Would be great if you could come for all groups.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I think i'll be able to come. I'll just have to take half a day off from work, so that's easier.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hi Jasper,

On the 28th:
Till 10.30 I've some Self-study hours, So I'll be able to come.
10.30-12.30 (I think you have pauze to between 12.30-13.30) I've some workgroups I'll be able to skip.
13.30-16.30 I've some practical Job's so I must be somewhere else on the university.

On the 24th I've AM the same program, but 14.00-17.00 a Test.

Just let me know what you have in Mind (You know my outfit from the internet/newspaper, so you know what it is about), and we'll have a graet day (toghether with Robert and all others)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Ok. Let's put it at the 28th until I have conferred with my collegues.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
28th seems to be fine. The more the merrier too!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
OK, now that we have a date, how about logistics?
Times, addresses, places to park, telephone numbers, food and that sort of stuff?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Ok.
The fresmen have classes from 8.45-17.30. I've got the first group, so you could start in my last hour of class, between 10.45-11.30. From then on, you could annoy class after class. It may be possible that other classes may be interested too.
You can park at university (though not for free), same for food. I'm sure some reimbursement should be possible. I'll ask.
Classes are all in the Erasmusbuilding, Erasmusplein 1, Nijmegen. My room (10.04a) can be used to change/store stuff.
You'll get my cellphone in a separate message.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
People are enthusiastic about your coming. Reimbursement will be arranged. Will it be just you Robert or is Andreas coming too? Same goes for you Jurjen. Perhaps one or two more members of Corbulo? Or Gemina?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys