Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I The Only Bronze Age Re-enactor?
Hi!<br>
<br>
I know we have lots of Romans here , as well as a few classical Greeks. My era of greatest interest after 3rdC Rome is the bronze age, and I can't help myself trying fabricate some authentic bronze age items.<br>
<br>
Am I alone??<br>
<br>
I've been on a bronze casting workshop (www.geocities.com/zozerga...onze1.html ) and made a late BA leaf-shaped sword as well as a dagger blade and axe-head. Recently I've made a stone bracer, and a bag of Egyptian carpenter's tools. My next step is to make up clothing based on the Danish bog-burials (should not be too difficult). Maybe even an Egyptian warrior's kit, too.<br>
<br>
I see Matt Amt has a couple of BA links. Are there any others? <p>Paul Elliott<br>
<br>
<strong>Heroes of Delphi</strong> - Classical Greece gone D20<br>
<strong>Zenobia</strong> - Fantasy RPG in the Eastern Roman Empire<br>
<strong>Warlords of Alexander</strong> - Kingdoms in conflict for the ruins of Alexander's Empire<br>
<br>
www.geocities.com/mithrapolis/games.html</p><i></i>
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
Hi Paul,<br>
<br>
I have a very big soft spot for the Levant during the 11th-9th centuries BC, especially for the Hittites and the Sea Peoples (just don't mention Troy 'the movie') but I don't re-enact the period.<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=vortigernstudies>Vortigern Studies</A> at: 6/13/04 10:26 pm<br></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Mithras, Matt Amt and I were looking into bronze age; he has a collection of bronze spear heads and just put a handle on his bronze sword (he needs to post that one). We even went so far as to try to cost out a the type/number of tusks for a boars head helmet. Using whole tusks would be enormously expensive, but we could not tell if they were originally sliced or not; the museums that had such helmets never wrote back.<br>
Would be great to add a Mycenean warrior to the Legio XX panoply.<br>
<p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
"Am I The Only Bronze Age Re-enactor?"<br>
<br>
err... no.<br>
I have friends both in England and holland that reenact the later bronze age, run casting workshops and now are looking at combat demo's, should be great fun! <p></p><i></i>
Yup, I'm here! Must have missed this thread. For those who haven't seen it yet, my Bronze Age page is here:<br>
<br>
www.larp.com/hoplite/bronze.html<br>
<br>
It's got photos of my sword and the start of my boar tusk helmet, among other things. I'll be buying tusks from Moscow Hide and Fur, and as long as I stick to the cheaper ones the total cost will probably be under $150. But yeah, lots of tedious cutting...<br>
<br>
Have to add photos of my spears. Just javelins, really, the points are teeny. Even the one I thought was going to be bigger turned out to be only 5" long including the tang. So I still need a nice substantial socketed spearhead.<br>
<br>
I'm focusing on Mycenaean, but my collection is going to be more varied, ultimately. A horned Shardana helmet would be neat. As always, I have a LOT more ideas than time!<br>
<br>
Enjoy, and Valete,<br>
<br>
Matthew <p></p><i></i>
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/