And the prize for the least accurate Roman helmet ever made
Goes to.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Excellent-quality ... dZViewItem

I was particularly impressed by the jaw defences.... :roll:
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
It looks like an Imperial-Gallico-Scythio-Auxiliary Type Z to me.

Not many people know that ...

They weren't originally made out of latex, though. The Romans made them out of aluminium.
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
This is an obvious copy of the Roman helmet on Page 897 in Robbinson's
"The Secret History of Roman Armor" . There are only four copies in existence. two of which are known to be in the Vatican's secret library, and the third copy is rumored to be in the "Hidden Library of the Knights Templar", which is hidden in the basement of a castle, in Runcorn, near Merseyside, UK.

This secret work is actually said to have hand coloured photos taken during the first 500 years of the Roman Empire. Some noted scholars have cast doubt upon the veracity of the classifications, since the original work was published in Gaelic, with margin notes in Greek and Latin cursive. The endless debate about the pronunciation of the letters "C" and "V" makes it difficult to truly know how the Romans pronounced the name of the various helmets. This work also definitely solves the questions about the Tunic Colour Debate in appendix ""C".

A fourth copy of this book was seen on the beta test of Ebay, but was withdrawn when the bidding frenzy overwhelmed the site.

:lol:
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Caius, that all sounds too plausible, you know! Tongue
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
Actually, a secret reference to this type of helmet is made is the Da Vinci Code, on pp 9856 --It's a big book, so I've heard-- when one of the protagonists, a Mr William T. da Vinci says: " Nice weather aint'it?"
Of course one has to read between the lines..
Naturally, Nostradamus, who knew everything that was bound to happen, refers to the helmet in his 789th chapter --a lotta chapters there-- when he writes: "And then shall come from the north a king wearing a ridiculous piece of rubber on his head".
I rest my case. Very mysterious indeed. 8)
Pascal Sabas
Guys,
I shouldn't have opened that link, I knew what could be expected to be seen there but I was barely prepared for it... Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Well, I can only say: Michael Simkins, Holger Ratsdorf, Toni Feldon:
YOUR MASTER HAS ARRIVED... :lol:

Is it my imagination, or is that guy wearing a (theatrical or LARP) monk's habit beneath that helmet? :roll:

I just had an awful vision of this combination becoming all the rage in young men's wear all over the world...entire streets, discos, classrooms filled with young men and boys wearing monks' habits and helmets like these...

Silly Romanesque Kitsch as the New Cool... Confusedhock:

The horror...the horror of it all...
Andreas Baede
Quote:I just had an awful vision of this combination becoming all the rage in young men's wear all over the world...entire streets, discos, classrooms filled with young men and boys wearing monks' habits and helmets like these...
:twisted: Don't stay up so late...
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
..........PFFFBPWABWAHAAAAHAHAAAHA!
:lol: :lol: :o roll: Confusedhock:

*cough cough*

Ok...okokok...one more look......
....HAHAHAHAAH! HEHEHE!

it hurts and stings!
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prize for roman or Greek artwork SAJID 1 771 08-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Graham Sumner
  Great centurion helmet, accurate, useful and for only 15$!!! Iagoba 4 2,009 11-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Wes
  Ancient Films CONTEST real denarius for prize! Caius Fabius 39 7,823 02-09-2003, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Caius Fabius