Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARMAMENTARIVM
Avete,

Does one have to subscribe to this site in some way to see more or are there actually only 3 functional links in the whole 'Artefacts' section?

Valete

Matt
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
I think Mike just hasn't gotten round to adding more to his site.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:I think Mike just hasn't gotten round to adding more to his site.

Mike can't add any more to the site - the University system now only allows ftp access to those within the campus network. I have a plan for Armamentarium II (This Time It's Personal) but that will have to wait until The Book is out of the way.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote:the University system now only allows ftp access to those within the campus network.

Hi Mike - any particular reason? If publicly funded, it should be publicly accessible. Yet another casualty of cost cutting, or intellectual property ownership, I guess, but that's only an opinion.

Cheers,
Jim.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Hi Mike - any particular reason? If publicly funded, it should be publicly accessible. Yet another casualty of cost cutting, or intellectual property ownership, I guess, but that's only an opinion.

Just makes it less susceptible to hacking - anybody who does attack the system from within is easily traced; harder once you let insiders in without the facilities of the NSA, SIS, and Menwith Hill to help you trace all those naughty script kiddies... ;-) Public funding has little to do with it; lots of universities work under confidentiality clauses, whether through defence or commercial considerations. Sadly, it's the world we live in.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote:Mike can't add any more to the site - the University system now only allows ftp access to those within the campus network. I have a plan for Armamentarium II (This Time It's Personal) but that will have to wait until The Book is out of the way.

Mike Bishop

Ah, that's kind of what I was thinking- too bad. Well I'll look forward to the Armamentarium II.
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:Just makes it less susceptible to hacking - anybody who does attack the system from within is easily traced; harder once you let insiders in without the facilities of the NSA, SIS, and Menwith Hill to help you trace all those naughty script kiddies... ;-) ) Public funding has little to do with it; lots of universities work under confidentiality clauses, whether through defence or commercial considerations. Sadly, it's the world we live in.

Thanks for that. It's a big shame, and just makes research that little bit harder - case in point - I tried to subscribe to JRMES yesterday and got bounced to Oxbow's homepage. I've emailed them, but it's not a good thing to start with.

Cheers.
[size=75:1s7f827n]Show me a hacker and I'd love to show them a baseball bat. Actually, adware makers fall into that category as well. So do Trooper helms, especially the Centurion version......[/size]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!