Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman noticed at the 4 days marsches in Nijmegen
Want to see some pics of me during the 4 days marsches at Nijmegen...

[url:c7r9vkqj]http://angel.gelderlander.nl/gelderlander/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=romein_2005[/url]

And I don't walk this year, only bringing the 2000th birthday of our city to life during this big event. Next year I hope to walk it (in roman clothes, of course)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Jeez, Jurjen, you should've gotten yourself sponsored with that much exposure! You did mention Romanarmy.com/RAT didn't you? :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Want to see some pics of me during the 4 days marsches at Nijmegen...
[url:23qkwpth]http://angel.gelderlander.nl/gelderlander/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=romein_2005[/url]
And I don't walk this year, only bringing the 2000th birthday of our city to life during this big event. Next year I hope to walk it (in roman clothes, of course)
Ah, very good initiative!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Jeez, Jurjen, you should've gotten yourself sponsored with that much exposure! You did mention Romanarmy.com/RAT didn't you? :wink:

Of course I've supported RAT. Didn't you reed my interview last Thuesday, Jasper? It is metioned (without URL, unfortunately) in that.

Every evening new pictures at the site metioned above. And maybe you could find me at several tv- news. (SBS6, NOS, TV GLD)

Very cool to do.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Jurjen,
Since you are from Nijmegen, where you there when our LEG XIIII GMV, "the American Army Romans" from Frankfurt, was the first Roman group to complete the march. On the final day, at the completion line, Dr. Hubrecht from the KAM museum, gave us a toast of wine from orignal Roman pottery vessels!

Be sure to put padding in your caliga or you will get impact bruises because of all the pavement on the route of march!

Good luck with the march next year! I did the whole 160 km in Roman gear twice, but doubt I would want to do it again.

Dan
Hi Jurjen,
Couldn't find the interview, but I'll look more for it now! If I can find the text, we'll put a summary on RA.com.
Dan, when was your march here?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I did it once in 1994, in modern military kit, and that was enough for me thank you very much. Big Grin I wish you luck though, Jurjen. It is a noble endeavor. Where are you going to keep the 12kg of wet sand?

Andrew
What a hoot! That's Jurjen in a Segmentata I made for him!!

Hey Jurjen! Looks great!

Wow!
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Factoids - has anyone else noticed these? ParthianBow 10 2,007 02-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Reconstructing a Roman fort wall video...Roman days Nijmegen MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 31 7,156 06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Last Post: jvrjenivs