Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Greek Event
If anyone here has an interest in Ancient Greek civilian life, they may be interested in the event I am planning next year. We are actively looking for people to present aspects of civilian life and for people interested in presenting drama.
When and where exactly? I 'do' more Roman, but much of my material (cosmetics, culinary recipes) are from Hellenistic contexts, so they'd fit right in (unless you do pre-Alexander exclusively).
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Quote:When and where exactly? I 'do' more Roman, but much of my material (cosmetics, culinary recipes) are from Hellenistic contexts, so they'd fit right in (unless you do pre-Alexander exclusively).

My plan is to cover Mycenae to the Macedonian supremacy, so you'd make it. The when and where depends on whether there is support for the event in the first place, and then on how much. I already have quite substantial support from within the UK. However, I have an offer of a venue in the Greater London area (i.e., inside the M25 orbital road) and we are probably looking at the end of May or the end of September, but these are not set in stone.
The Greek event is now likely to be in June, at Watford, which is very close to London, for anyone interested in visiting the capital ( inc. the British Museum and other sources of primary evidence).
Perhaps time to Update it here Big Grin
real Name Tobias Gabrys

Flavii <a class="postlink" href="http://www.flavii.de">www.flavii.de
& Hetairoi <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hetairoi.de">www.hetairoi.de
Okay, Tiberius,

The Ancient Greek Festival is ON, next June, Sat/Sun the 3rd and 4th, to be precise, in the grounds of Watford Boys' Grammar School in the north-west of Greater London (i.e., inside the M25 Orbital Route). Events here are for the benefit of schools, academics and special-interest groups, rather than the general public. We may, however, contribute to an event staged by Watford Council that weekend, by putting on a display in Cassiobury Park, which adjoins the school.

Interested academics and re-enactors are invited to attend and contribute talks/demonstrations/displays/dramas/combat to the programme. Follow the ongoing discussion on the Greek Forum for regular updates.

Better still, place a message telling me what YOU want to contribute. It's going to be a stunning event, but if you don't come, we won't see what you can do and you'll miss the first International Festival of Ancient Greece.

I've said it before, and I'll say it once more: Be there or be a barbarian.