Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combatants invited
Anyone who wants to participate in Ancient Combat Sports as part of an Ancient Greek event, please see my posting under "Suppose they held a war and nobody came?" on the Greek forum.
Quote:Anyone who wants to participate in Ancient Combat Sports as part of an Ancient Greek event, please see my posting under "Suppose they held a war and nobody came?" on the Greek forum.

Confusedhock: Wot, no replies? I thought you chaps (and chapesses) wanted to DO this stuff? The event is being planned NOW, be a part of it!
Hi there,
been meaning to for a while now, posted finally Wink
Hi, Gashford,

I have replied to your posting - thanks for the enquiry. You haven't yet
said you will be coming, though. Am I to assume you will? And do you think anyone else on this thread might extract their digit?
Hi there

Doesn't look like we'll be able to make it this time I am afraid, we don't have the correct period equipment or the man power at that time, sorry to not be able to make it.

I am hoping (schedule allowing to get along and take a look as a punter though as it sounds interesting.

Sorry fellah. Folk may not be replying to the request here as most people on this part of the forum are none UKers and may find the trek difficult.

Good luck with the event though.

All the best

Graham
Sorry to hear that, Graham,

I'd be interested to see what you chaps are doing. If you do manage to come along on your own, we will probably be able to induct you into a unit which is taking part. I've said this before; we expect to have spare kit.
It would be helpful if people who want to come, but have no kit, or need some specific item, could register their interest and tell me exactly what they need. For those of you who have the money, I hope to have enough traders at the event for you to equip yourselves from top to toe, cabo a rabo, cap a pie. So please state whether you want to borrow or buy.

There is time, between now and the proposed date, for people to make a Greek aspis and linothorax, for example. Helmets are beyond my skill, and many of you may feel the same, but there are plenty of those about. Deepeeka's so-called Italo-Corinthian is good, and not too expensive, if you shop around. We will accept brass helmets, cuirasses and greaves - that's what we've got.

Paul
Is ther any trader who rents hoplite tiems Paul?
I will have my tunic and gylios but weapons are still an issue
If I cannot buy it I can rent it though!
Regards
Stefanos
I don't know of any; most of the traders who have Hoplite kit are selling Deepeeka items. Renting might be possible for drill displays, but I can't see many people renting kit out for combat. I have a spare Kopis and dory, though, and several others have their own spares which they might be willing to lend.

Paul