Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone help me?
Hi friends,

i'm new here so please excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this...

currently i'm doing some research on roman warfare and would appreciate if anyone knows how i can get in touch with Adrian Goldsworthy or Stephen Dando-Collins? (at least their emails would be fine)

Please PM me...thanks!
Welcome to the forum.
I've moved your question to a more appropriate forum. Perhaps someone can help you with this question. Or perhaps we could help you with what you want to know?
As far as I know, Adrian Goldsworthy is a freelance author now and is very careful where he spends his time, while Dando-Collins is - judging by his books - not the most reliable source to base your research on.
Also, in future, could you please use at least your real first name in your post?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thanks for the reminder

Actually this research is for a future tv documentary... have read "Roman Warfare" by Goldsworthy and would like to get in touch with him - or a professional military historian who's very familiar with military tactics of the republic army between 87 - 27BC

Cheers!

Anthony
Quote:Thanks for the reminder

Actually this research is for a future tv documentary... have read "Roman Warfare" by Goldsworthy and would like to get in touch with him - or a professional military historian who's very familiar with military tactics of the republic army between 87 - 27BC

Cheers!

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I am currently working on the Social War - Actium period for my next book, 'The Roman Warrior' (Greenhill), so that probably makes me expert on the tactics of 87-27 BC. I am also the author of 'Roman Legionary, 58 BC - AD 69' and 'Imperial Roman Legionary, AD 161-284' (both Osprey 2003).

What are you looking for: someone to do research or a contributor?

Ross.
Dr Cowan,

Appreciate your reply. Yes indeed, i've checked out and read the reviews to your two books

Before continuing, please note that this project is still in the embryonic stage - so nothing's confirmed yet

In answer to your query: Research will either be provided by the producer of the program or by the expert. Either way, close consultation would be needed.

Being a tv documentary, there's also likely to be a requirement for at least a "talking head"/interview sound-bite role

The target audience are people who watch Discovery "Ancient Civilizations". Basically the content will showcase, thru' a few different scenarios, the fighting capability of the legion when paired off against another opponent.

At the moment i'm in the process of establishing contacts. Should you been keen to get involved - do advise on how i can get in touch with you

Cheers

Anthony Ho
Singapore
Quote:Should you been keen to get involved - do advise on how i can get in touch with you

Cheers

Anthony Ho
Singapore

Hi Anthony,

Either PM me or use the email link.

Ross.
That is so sad. Peter Connolly is a very well respected expert on the Republican Romans and the way they fought, and has been a "talking head" and is a well-respected author and historian. Mr. Dando-Collins writings(at least the ones on LEGIO X and LEGIO XIIII) are a mismatch of fact, fiction and fantasy, and reflect discredit on serious history writings!

I have Peter Connolly's telephone number and address if it is needed! His lectures and books are well respected, and he has actually done serious research, and archaeological work.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]