Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your view of Americans
I know a lot off topic but being an AMerican I like to know how the rest of the world thinks of us, and I don't want Americans replying to this, I will know immedialty if you are American. Do not feel as if you might offend me because I know a lot of the world loathes us as a people for various reasons. And if you would like to know what I think about a certain culture, seeing as a lot of people are from europe just simply ask. [email protected] <p></p><i></i>
Ave,<br>
<br>
if you look around RAT you'll find several topics that have already answered this pretty well. you'll find that some are for, some are against, and some will change their opinions based on what has happened in the news this or any week. this would be the same no matter what country you named .I think that just baldly asking a question such as this can open up a flame-war quicker than anything, if it's allowed. I am not suggesting that it's improper to ask this question, and sometimes the answers are good to hear, but I hope that any responders to this question will take the time to present a cool, reasoned response and not a wild, emotionally charged one.<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Gaius Marius Aquilus <p></p><i></i>
My purpose is not to create a heated argument, but simply to get a feel for how Americans are viewed by others. Because the common American in the view of many is a very arougant stuck up person who thinks that America is the best country there ever was, whichis not true. If this is going to get to heated that is not my intention, i am not looking for a fight. If is going to get out of hand than maybe the topic should be closed, but if it can be controlled than I would like to get others opinions. <p></p><i></i>
Hi Pompeius,<br>
<br>
Have you had a chance yet to review our Rules for Posting?<br>
<br>
R.A.T. is a very international place, and by design, not a politically-oriented forum. Although interesting, threads on politics, world events, or religion are not permitted on R.A.T., because these topics have (in the past) resulted in tension and even flames between otherwise friendly members. There are much better, politically-oriented forums out there for topics like the war, world events, etc.<br>
<br>
In short, this thread shouldn't have been started, and will have to be closed. You didn't know, so no harm done, don't worry. But do have a quick look at the guidelines, won't you? Thanks.<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson