Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Peterson Debates Closed
Here a message from a 17 years old schoolboy<br>
<br>
I had a question about a Helmet I found on the Internet, so I started a tread. There came answers. There was a fight, and there was a banning. Just because I asked somethink. That was not what I wanted to see, I just wanted an answer.<br>
<br>
After the banning, the came several treats about Dan, I've read them and now I would reply, so I do. Why are all of you acting like a child.<br>
<br>
I joined this board because I had a new hobby, yes a hobby, not a war. So, please stop all this poor talking about Dan and others and let it be a hobby. So I can learn al lot of all of you, including Dan, and I also will be a Roman Army Reenactor myself in the future. Please stop this.<br>
<br>
Jurjen<br>
<br>
Sorry for the poor English <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://b30.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jrscline>JRSCline</A> at: 4/22/04 2:00 pm<br></i>
ALA I BATAVORUM
Jvrjenius:<br>
<br>
Your wish is granted. And it's not too much to ask adults to act appropriately; that a teenager should make the request ought to embarass some of us older folk.<br>
<br>
<strong>There will be no more debate -- or even mention -- of Dan Peterson's banning. Those who continue to bring this up, or who fan related flames of discontent, will join him in exile</strong>.<br>
<br>
I thank everyone who's added wisdom or levity to the various discussions. As ever, constructive input on any aspect of admin decisions may be directed either to my Ezboard Inbox or to jrscline AT yahoo.com.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Admin summary (Names deleted for ease of reference):<br>
<br>
-Member "A" libelled Member "B." Libel and abusive behavior is not tolerated on this forum. Member A is now suspended for six months, since this was the second such incident.<br>
<br>
-Much indignant outcry by friends of Member "A." Private discussion by forum staff. After consideration, the ban of Member "A" stands.<br>
<br>
-Member "C" refuses to accept this and lampoons the decision, inviting others to do same. Neutral members complain to Admin about behavior of Member "C."<br>
<br>
-Admin warns defiant members that matter is closed, move on, or be "moved on."<br>
<br>
-Member "C" scoffs at warning, continues to post provocatively, joined now by Member "D." Much rhetoric about free speech and censorship, which obscures the essential issue: "C" and "D" don't accept Admin's decision to ban "A."<br>
<br>
-Members "C" and "D," having been duly warned, get a ticket to the Tullianum for disregarding/defying Admin decisions regarding the suspension of Member "A." Not necessarily a one-way trip, but a cooling-off period is clearly in order.<br>
<br>
A few final comments: I do run a tight ship, as far as courtesy goes. Like most board owners, I don't have much patience with people who can't follow instructions. The Dan Peterson issue is settled -- the decision is that he's not welcome back until his time is up, so we need to drop it. Can't let it go? Okay; just go vent elsewhere. I hate to suspend members, but when a clear line is drawn and then crossed, there are consequences. RAT will <span style="text-decoration:underline">not</span> get mucked up with re-enactor personality politics.<br>
<br>
Any questions? As always: jrsclineATyahoo.com.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
An update, for all interested:<br>
<br>
- Sean Richards (posting as Hibernicus) and I had an excellent private dialogue and have resolved the issues leading to the temporary "time-out." His posting privileges are reinstated effective immediately. Welcome back, Hib!<br>
<br>
Jenny<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

Marvelous,<br>
<br>
with all respect, Jenny, missing Dan is bad enough, but missing "his" (Hib's !) fine humor would have been too bad. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=uwebahr>Uwe Bahr</A> at: 5/3/04 4:47 pm<br></i>
Greets - Uwe
Good news indeed.<br>
<br>
Narukami <p></p><i></i>
<br>
No Comment................<br>
<br>
M.VIB.M.<br>
<br>
<p>V COH II<br>
LEGIO X GEMINA<br>
EX GER INF</p><i></i>
<br>
After a long and teadious search of RAT.....<br>
<br>
i found the article...............<br>
<br>
Roman Italic H Helmet.......... on RAT in the "buy and sell" section.........<br>
<br>
now i know why.......... hehehehehehe.......whoopsiee diditagaindidnthe......... <br>
<br>
Jeny keep up the good work! stay vigilant!<br>
<br>
greetzz...<br>
<br>
<p><span style="color:yellow;font-family:times new roman;font-size:medium;">M.VIB.M.<br>
V COH II<br>
LEGIO X GEMINA<br>
EX GER INF</span></p><i></i>
Ugh. Well, thanks. But... <em>For God's sake, don't mention The War!</em><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Now I'm closing this chapter in RAT's history, thanks all.<br>
<br>
GDA, who was also suspended, will also be rejoining us as soon as his 30 days are up. I tried to contact him twice to do a bit of conflict resolution but to date have no reply, so it's a simple month and back again. Hopefully no hurty feelings.<br>
<br>
Back to your regularly scheduled programming...<br>
<br>
Jenny<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debates on RAT... Magnus 5 1,277 06-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Arthes