Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barbarians coming to Rome Total War
The expansion pack to Rome Total War has been revealed, and quite unsurprisingly the theme is "The Barbarian Invasions".

Apart from the barbarians there will be some new features, like night battles. The empire will also be properly split into eastern and western halves. Relase should be this fall.

Personally I'm really looking forward to this one since I love the original game (with mods).
Regards, Nicholas.
I've seen some screenshots of the Expansion however and I'm not very excited by them. They have units of 'Christian Priests' who are these weird fantasy dudes in cowls weilding iron crosses. And some of the Germanics are carrying fantasy shields straight out of some early Nineteenth Century engraving.

So far, so bad ...
There are links to some screenshots here.

As usual it's a mix between good (cool looking night battles, decent looking late legionaries) and bad (silly looking priests, extremely silly looking trident unit). Anyway, hopefully the modders will be able to fix most inaccuracies.
Regards, Nicholas.
Quote:Relase should be this fall.

I wonder which will come out first - the Expansion or the Fall of Rome mod. :roll:
Jaime
Hi Tiudareiks,

No, I didn't like the skins in RTW:BI either; the work by the Fall of Rome mod team looks much better (AND...includes shield designs of several late re-enactment groups :mrgreen: ).

However, the mod team has already announced that they will mod BI as well, and a lot of the "hard" work (research, making skins etc.) has already been done. At the very least, BI will provide additional gameplay options. 8)
Andreas Baede

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,218 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,877 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 89,985 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67