Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tigris versus Maximus
Avete omnes,

I know, it's historically not quite correct, but I liked the original scene photo from the movie and scratched this little setting in 54 mm:

[Image: d-detail3.jpg]

Uwe
Greets - Uwe
That's very nice...

Los
Los

aka Carlos Lourenco
In fact, it's a very cool scratchbuilding job. That Maximus figure is stock, right? What about Tigris? Did you build him too?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Very nice, Uwe Smile wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
It's amazing how many figures in the seats! They look so real... like moving! :wink:

Just kidding... very good job!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Quote:Where did the tiger come from, or did you 'just knock it out' in an afternoon?

I just re-read that, and I need to point out it's meant to be a compliment. I.e., it would take me weeks to do, but given a lunchbreak you could probably make the whole background from cotton wool ear cleaners. :?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Thank You, friends, for Your friendly words.

Los, Jasper, Jim, Ivan, none of the figures comes from the stock. I know that ‘De Tara’ made a vignitte including Tigris and Maximus just at the same time when I finished my little setting. The only stock piece is Russell Crowe’s head, I took it from Andrea (Maximus as a general) and reproduced it in milliput. So I could give him some folds above of his eyebrows in order to make him look a little bit more worried.

Like the gladiator who was called ‘Tigris gallicus’ in the movie, I built the tiger too totally from scratch and I could even use something from myself, so that the tiger is a bit related to me, now. Big Grin wink: ) white ones and so I could kill two birds with one stone.

The cotton ear cleaners are surely a good idea – I’ll think it over next time. In the moment I am unfortunately sitting at the wrong computer, but on Monday I will try to add some old photos from the production.

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
Quote:The cotton ear cleaners are surely a good idea – I’ll think it over next time.

Heh - from [url:2r7955ss]http://film.guardian.co.uk/Feature_Story/feature_story/0,4120,158631,00.html[/url]

Quote:....even in these times of computer-generated effects, there is still a need for traditional models. A fact born out by the model for The Phantom Menace's pod-racing arena. The crowd was made up from different coloured cotton wool buds and a hair dryer was moved to emulate crowd movement....

Cheers. Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Interesting site, Jim... Here some more photos from the building process:

[Image: b-tigris.jpg]

[Image: b-maximus4.jpg]
The hollow round shield of Maximus was made from the top of a so called "Ãœberraschungs-Ei" ("surprise-egg", containing chocolat and toys).

[Image: b-tiger.jpg]
The tool on the ground was made for foot-prints in the sand.

[Image: c-gesamt6.jpg]
On this photo You can see the tiger-prototype that I first intended to use, but it was a little bit to small.

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
Simply amazing! I couldn't so much as draw one of those figures, let alone *sculpt* one...

is that a "Kinder" egg or a different brand? They're not allowed to be sold in the United States because of silly laws about non-food products; apparently the toy inside is just too dangerous for us...
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Danno, Kinder-egg sounds good, You can find a photo of it here:

[url:3ss4lihh]http://www.wasschenken.ch/?/h3.htm[/url]

Uwe
Greets - Uwe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tigris\' Chariot in the movie Gladiator Uwe Bahr 0 1,667 03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Uwe Bahr