Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquilifer shield patterns
Hi all

I'm painting a 75mm figure of an aquilifer and I would love to see different shield designs. I've been browsing the net but I don't seem to find any.

Anyone can help? :wink:
SALVE

Can that help you?:

[Image: 33593eea.jpg]

Vale
Lucius,

Can you tell me your reference for that blue design? I've seen an artist's illustration for a similar shield design, but I haven't found any sculptures that relate to it.

I have about 3 or 4 line drawings of 1st century AD parma balzons from various reliefs. I'll try to scan those and post them some time soon.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redrampant.com">www.redrampant.com
SALVE

It's very easy. It's a invention. I make that parma for the Legio VII GEMINA re-enactment group (Spain) to explain the people the military religion and the gods related. That's because, as we know, aquiliferi was the responsible of military cult. So i have disposed the gods preferred by the soldiers: Iuppiter Optimus Maximus, Mars, Victoria and Fortuna. The color blue means the sky.

I know there are some representations of parmae, but i don't know any specifically of a aquilifer.

If you can send that images, thanks.

VALE

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Late Roman Shield Patterns Website Longovicium 14 2,794 07-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Longovicium
  Principate Shield Patterns Flavivs Aetivs 9 2,197 10-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Roman Shield Designs/Patterns (Late Republic-AD200) Mythos_Ruler 5 3,841 04-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Dutchhoplite