Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from Jordan
Well, I'm back from Jordan. Fantastic country, and the King was an excellent host. I was a bit surprised to find that no one in the Tourism ministry had ever heard of Q'sar Bashir, but fortunately one of the King's friends knew exactly where it was so we found the place without too many wrong turns. Quite a desolate spot, and the only life for miles was a small bedouin camp. The fort is in a pretty good state and will make an excellent setting for Cato and Macro's next adventure.

Elsewhere - Petra lived up to and beyond all expectations and I'll be going back for a much longer look areound sometime in the future. Jerash was good, with some pretty astounding temple ruins. Umm Qais was even more spectacular in terms of setting and Mohammed Daly-Amer showed be a dig that has yet to make it into the journals - a forum just three feet below the surface. And the whole site of 500 km2 has only just been touched. What a place. The Roman theatre in Amman is also quite a sight. But the most abiding memory (apart from being loaned one of the King's yachts to go snorkeling off Pharoah Island) is how kind and welcoming the Jordanians are.

For pictures and details there's a link on the Latest news page on my website:
www.scarrow.fsnet.co.uk

take care all.
Hi Simon!
Seems like a very worthwhile trip to go on someday! So many places to see, so little time. Anyone spare me a cool million or two so I can do just that all day? I promise I'll use the rest of my time to build RA.com and RAT Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
And you call this working?????????
Time to get back to writing for all your fans!!!!!!!!!
Big Grin
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Quote:the King was an excellent host

Bet you were defintely more like Cato than Macro on that trip Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
There are definitly many places that are worthwile to visit if one always had enough time. even just visiting ancinet roman sites in europe asia adn africa but some of these sites in the more remote asia and africa areas are remarkably in some excellent conditions. i had always wanted a job that would pay me to visit all these places and take fotos and write of it. Such a job would be great indeed. Big Grin
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]