Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names and signatures
Citizens, it has been asked before that all members please add their real (first) names to their signatures... You don't have to remove your Roman name, just put your "muggle" name below it, such as:

a.k.a.: Joe Smith (use your profile preferences)
...something nice and simple like this please! This is all we ask. Isn't it nice to actually know WHO your talking to, rather than some faceless moniker...

Remember, Citizenship has duties and responsiblilties, as well as benefits. ;-) )

**One thing, we DO make exceptions to posting your "muggle" name _IF_ you have a valid reason, and by this, we mean job, security, or other reasons of personal safety... not "Ah don't want ma fishin' buddies ta know ah like Roman stuff..." (but you DO have to tell us, so we won't keep haunting you!)

Anyway, Caesar asked me to post this and you don't really want to anger HIM... do you??
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
For those wishing to keep their real names off of Google's radar screen, may I suggest adding a space in the middle of your last name. This would allow fellow Romans to know to whom they correspond but might impede more automated engines of inquiry.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Do you know how to change my username? I used 'iguana1' as suggested in the RAT forum, with an option to change it once in. Doesn't seem possible however and frankly, I feel a fool.

Conn Iggulden - not Iguana1
I like iguanas.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Conn - what you need to do is log-in with your username from EZBoard (I think it was 'iggulden'?) with the password 'iguana1', and then you can change the password after you log-in. Or if you prefer you can re-register (rather than log-in) with a completely different username, I'm assuming one not having to do with iguanas... Smile

Quote:I like iguanas.

So does Satsobek... 8)
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Yes, but the username Iggulden has already been taken. It does make me wonder who the other Iggulden is. I mean, is it me? A relative? Some joker or other who will now try to tell sell it to me? Pure unadulterated evil....?

I do like PHPBB2 by the way - I use it myself.

Conn
It's you. Smile It's already registered because all the old names were carried over from EZBoard. All you need to do is log in (not register) with the username 'iggulden' and the password 'iguana1'.

I know it works because I just tried it... :wink: Just be sure to change your password after you log-in...
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
I really like iguanas, having met a number of them in Mexico... 8)
I'm announcing this across the board once more, because there are still members who choose to ignore this rule. I would like to repeat here that exceptions may be made, but ONLY after consultation with board administrators (not that that amounts to much, but we have to know so we can call the dogs off).
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I'm writing at least two PM's a day :!: , but most members react very well.
Jasper, could you post a list with the exceptions in the staff area?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
If you want to put your real (first) name in your signature (highly recommended), but can't find how, go here.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I added my name to the Sig, but cannot seem to get it to appear on a post. I really am trying to obey, my Emperor.... :wink:
There was a simple guide to add the sig. Where's it gone to?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Should be fixed now.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Let's see...Yep! Thanks!