Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Romanarmy.com design
At Rich's suggestion, a new poll on the new design of Romanarmy.com. A glimpse of the imagebase, v.2 can be seen here: [url:22h5wy58]http://www.romanarmy.nl/content/imagebase/imagebase-Show.asp[/url].
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
it looks pretty good. I think the green digital "/imagebase" is a little cheesy, but I'm not complaining. I think it would be nice to have 'previous' and 'next' buttons in addition to "2 3 4 5" etc. at the top. There should also be a way to jump to a specific IMB reference, at least from the search page (there isn't on the current one, at least that I know of).
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
As being an outsider during 2 years, I was accostumed to the former format, which seemed easier to follow.

However, as one gets used to this new format one will eventuall find it useful.

I do miss the language corrector that the former had in the REPLY PAGE, or maybe I just have not discovered as of yet.

Even myself who speaks & writes in my mother language ENGLISH, one does make mistakes specially after more that 30 years living in Spain, where one is thinking & dreaming in Spanish continually while even preparing this reply.
Stephen John McMahon
Hi Lucius,
You seem to be commenting on RAT v2, instead of Romanarmy.com new style, of which RAT is a part. That's ok though, I'll look into the spell checker. I think there's a mod available to add that to this board.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I love the style of the new imagebase!
The new concept is wider, too, which was my main worry over the new RA.com design.
Is there a page on which all the monuments are listed? I'm a sucker for sitemaps, will always be.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Is there a page on which all the monuments are listed?

More so than the current searchpage?

@Lucius: spellchecker added! How's that for service!? Wink
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I'm not sure what that looks like anymore...
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
[urlConfusedrmrjovn]http://www.romanarmy.com/Content/Imagebase/imagebase-main.asp[/url]
Look there. Results will go to the new page.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Exactly. To search, you needed a name (and filling in 'Chesters' without knowing the unit was impossible). The browserpage is gone already. Did you ever have a page with all the tombstones listed?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
To browse: click "To browse, click here". It works, I promise
To see all tombstones, select: "Show all tombstones in the imagebase" and click submit.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
It worked! Great!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Dear Jasper,

Thank you for adding this little helper "Spell Check". It may seem silly for some, but even I being American Born, can make mistakes over the keyboard and this "helper" is a great tool.

Stephen McMahon : Smile
Stephen John McMahon
No problem!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Romanarmy.com design Praefectusclassis 27 11,376 05-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS
  Almost final NEW romanarmy.com design Praefectusclassis 9 5,066 04-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Last Post: richsc