Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reproduction Roman leather military tents?
Anyone know where I can get one new or used?
I remmeber there was mention that Deepeka was going to make them soon.
Any news?

Im Ready to Buy! Please help!!!!

-Gordak
AKA: Sam Johnson
The leather in the Ermine street guards tents cost £1000 each before the cost of cutting and sewing so hope you are feeling rich

Aluscladiusmaximus
Bernard Jacobs
Any opinion stated is genally not the opinion of My group or Centurian
I know Deepeeka already made to models, a contubernium and a centurio one, I saw the pics some time ago, but last time I tried in their web page I couldn't find any.
:?:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
[url:269u2jou]http://www.soulofthewarrior.com[/url] has some tents in his assortiment. They sells from Deepeeka and another if I'm right.
ALA I BATAVORUM
THanks guys!!!

Exactly what I needed!
-Gordak
Not sure if they're in production yet, but Past Tents are showing a Roman tent on their website:
[url:18gqukx9]http://www.past-tents.demon.co.uk/pre.htm[/url]

Not leather, unfortunately, but a choice of white or brown.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I just purchased a Roman Papilio (spelling?) from Panther Primitives that is pretty much just like the one shown on Past Tents' web site. It is made in khaki colored canvas to simulate leather, and actually looks quite nice. I just couldn't afford a leather version, and I wasn't too keen on trusting leather from India, either. Some I have seen on various products is of extremely crappy quality.
Lucius Aurelius Metellus
a.k.a. Jeffrey L. Greene
turns out there were some Deepeka leather tents at the nashville Film shoot/reenactment, I think they look great!

Im taking the plunge on a Deepeeka tent, and I will post pictures! (...when it arrives 3 months from now )

-Gordak
Deepeeka Leather Tents

We got pricing and such finally, MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price) is up on the site, takes 10-12 weeks to arrive special order. Be sure to email or call before ordering for specials and such. The Small one (Junkleman/Newstead) runs $3400 and the large one (Junior Centurion) runs $8250 by the MSRP. These are same tents we all saw in Nashville. Price does not include a frame or shipping.
Call or email for discounts and re-enactor pricing. :wink:
Panther Roman Tents

We have these too, in canvas, and paintable. Will get them up on the site this week again, somehow the tent and camp section died.
Quote:Deepeeka Leather Tents

We got pricing and such finally, MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price) is up on the site, takes 10-12 weeks to arrive special order. Be sure to email or call before ordering for specials and such. The Small one (Junkleman/Newstead) runs $3400 and the large one (Junior Centurion) runs $8250 by the MSRP. These are same tents we all saw in Nashville. Price does not include a frame or shipping.
Call or email for discounts and re-enactor pricing. :wink:
[size=150:3ix5bcos]A[/size]nd THAT is why there won't be very many of these things... That kind of price for a tent, for a hobby is ridiculous! No offense to anyone, but in the real world, where we have lives ([size=75:3ix5bcos]and wives, childrens, cars, etc.[/size]) this is just not gonna happen often. ;-( Yeah, I'm sure it's cheaper than many other options, but not in the real world.
DMV
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Yep, I totally agree with you Marsh! That's why I went with Panther's version! :wink:
Lucius Aurelius Metellus
a.k.a. Jeffrey L. Greene
Yep, they are expensive, but if materials alone cost 1000 pounds, or nearly $2000... and you add labor... and you call for pricing (those are MSRP prices, so they are high) they are probably the best deal going on a truly accurate tent. We have 4 Panthers, including a Centurion, and hope to maybe get one of these as an ultimate example one day, until then... we too will be under canvas!

But if you knew how many emails we get weekly asking about them and pricing you would see why I finally got pricing from Deepeeka. So now you know.

Having seen them up close, they are very nice, and very perfect for us, but yes, they are expensive... but they are cheaper than making one myself... and probably better for my marriage in the long run too!! 8)
We got the panther tents up now on the site too!
Think of this, It's an 8 man tent.

thats 400 or so bux per man to sleep in a 100% authentic tent,
for the rest of your reenactment life.

My WW2 unit has yearly Dues, and with this money we have bought two fantastic tents that sleep the whole platoon, At events, other units beg to come in and change their clothes by the heat of the stove.

I reenact 3 periods, Now that im going into Roman, (and I will be kitting out freinds and bringing them to events), Getting an accurate tent is the FIRST thing im going to do.

Just my 2 cents
-Gordak

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Very New light on roman tents construction Cacaius 62 17,551 12-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Last Post: garrelt
  Leather Contubernium Tents Lucius Duccius Rufinus 9 2,688 02-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Roman Military Tents Carried in sections by the Men Anonymous 21 4,102 04-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Flavius Promotus