Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Days Jun 4-5: Legio XX in Washington DC
Thanks to all involved, I had a great time!

Wish I had remembered a darn camera. Oh well.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Yes, it was when all 20 or so of us were in the testudo, that I wondered if anyone was taking pictures! Roman Days had 20 legionaries on the field Saturday, a marvelous record. I do think, however, that we need to make sure someone it taking pictures of all the happenings. That's one thing we forgot, since like most I thought everyone else was taking pictures. I think Mark's wife was taking photos: when I find them we'll post more.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
If toting a spear around didn't make it hard to carry a camera, I'd have more pictures of stuff... somebody needs to develop a mini-cam that you can mount in place of a crest.

Robert: Thanks! I believe the Late Roman is Greg Fabic.
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
I got some, mainly on Sunday. Matt Amt's wife Jane was taking pics and so was Marcie at Marietta so hopefully we got some good ones in there. Next year, we'll have to designate an "official photographer" type to take pictures and get a group shot for both days as well.

deb
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
I think I'm going to make a new thread in R&R once I get anthony's photos...the post event wrap-up deserves it!

Besides, I don't want to be slathering Rich's family with too much attention and praise, so I figured I should keep it to one post.

Has anyone emailed Matt or Jane to see if they got shots of us on Saturday?

Legion: TBD
Well, I think I'm going to write up a travel-log for RA.com for Roman Days, with the help of Anthony. So...I got some pictures up, though I'm missing about half since my email account got full, so I'll have to get anthony to re-send them to me.

But here's a few anyway (click on the Roman Days link under 2005):

[url:9ome43i6]http://www.geocities.com/legioxxxcoh1/PhotoGallery.htm[/url]

I'll have more soon!

PS - if you notice anything wrong in the captions, like a mis-spelled name, let me know!

On yahoo photos - and yes, I did get a little snarky with the comments (click on each photo to view) but I was doing this late at night last night.

[url:38ej2tzo]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debsfuller/album?.dir=/452c&.src=ph&.tok=phUBPHDBs4uegMH.[/url]

deb
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
Dang my helmet is askew.
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Ok, I have the rest of the pictures up now...I hope geocities lets me squeak by with them!

Nope, you got nailed. You could open up a yahoo account and post them to the photo gallery like I did. That would give you some more space. Or photoshop the puppies down so they take up less bandwidth. You can get photos down under 50k with no problem.

deb
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
I think I'm just going to get my own web domain... Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legio X Fretensis at Bethlehem Days RC 12/21-23 M. Demetrius 0 833 11-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Legio X Fretensis at Bethlehem Days RC 12/21-23 Kenneth Arelius Hodges 0 851 11-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Kenneth Arelius Hodges
  Legio XX Roman Days June 2-3, Marietta Mansion, Maryland richsc 5 2,258 04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dan Diffendale