Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorica Hardware Patterns (printable)
Greetings Romans,
I’m trying to find printable patterns for lorica segmentata hardware especially the hinges. I have access and means to make my own but want to do it correctly so I’m looking for correct hardware dimensions. I’ve seen other hardware pieces you could print out and glue to your metal and cut it out that way. This has been a long time search with little to show so any help is appreciated.
Valēte
(10-11-2022, 12:56 AM)Marcus33 Wrote: Greetings Romans,
I’m trying to find printable patterns for lorica segmentata hardware especially the hinges. I have access and means to make my own but want to do it correctly so I’m looking for correct hardware dimensions. I’ve seen other hardware pieces you could print out and glue to your metal and cut it out that way. This has been a long time search with little to show so any help is appreciated.
Valēte

Not heard of such a thing and doubt it would be accurate, what I suggest is downloading "Lorica Segmentata" and use this to make your patterns...
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
I just make a template, I am not at home, I just find a plcture of the hinge I want most are around the same size. save and in edit scale it to the dimentions, then trace the image then transfer onto card. This is what I did for belt plates from a book, You can use this method for all the Lorica fittings.

Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)