Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New book: European Mail Armour
Hi all,

I thought that people from this forum may be interested to know that my book on mail armour has just been published.

European Mail Armour
Ringed Battle Shirts from the Iron Age, Roman Period and Early Middle Ages

520 pages, more than 300 colour illustrations
Hardback

For 40% discount on the book enter code “EMA_40” at the checkout. Valid until 15 February 2022.

https://www.aup.nl/en/book/9789463721264...ail-armour

Best wishes,

Martijn A. Wijnhoven
Just ordered a copy. Looking forward to reading it. Thank you for the discount. All the best for the festive season.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Thank you Dan. Also to you and your loved ones.
Martjin ordered my copy, looking forward to reading and looking at the manufacture of the mail.
All the best to you Big Grin  ⛄
Regards Brennivs  Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Thank you. 

Best wishes,
Martijn
Have bought your book. Thanks for the discount, probably couldn't have afforded the book without it.
Thank you. Yes, I am glad I am able to offer the discount for a limited amount of time.
Hi all,

At this moment people living in the UK are receiving their copies. The rest of Europe will follow shortly and subsequently the rest of the world. 

Best wishes,

Martijn
Thank you Martijn! I’m a bit late to the party as I haven’t been on this site for a few months, but as soon as I saw this thread I ordered my copy. Thank you again.

de Stokesay
LAST DAYS OF 40% DISCOUNT. The discount code (EMA_40) is valid until 15.02.2022!

Just a bit of additional information based upon questions I have received of people ordering this book.

1. The American distributor website also accepts the discount code. However, it does not seem to work well when ordering the book from a smart phone. If you encounter this problem, then order with a computer or a tablet.

2. Although the American distributor website states that they are out of stock, their stock is still to arrive. Amsterdam University Press has indicated that it can take up to the end of March or start of April that people in the US will receive their copies. It is my understanding that you can order a copy in the US. If the entire batch going currently to the US is already be sold, then the distributor can simply immediately ask for more copies from Europe.

3. People that (pre-)ordered a copy that live in the UK, should have received theirs. At present people from all parts of Europe are receiving their orders. The rest of the world is soon to follow (and yes, I am sorry that things take longer in these times than we all would have liked).

4. If you have any troubles with (making) your order, I can get you into contact with a person of Amsterdam University Press. In that case, send me a message, and I will get you the contact info.

Best wishes,
Martijn
I love this book!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

(02-23-2022, 09:00 PM)Robert Vermaat Wrote: I love this book!

Great to hear! Thank you