Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partial or full name in signature no longer enforced?
Question 
Noticed posters no longer being told to have all or part of their real name in the signature, if not as a username, so is this rule no longer enforced?
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
(03-06-2021, 02:22 PM)Condottiero Magno Wrote: Noticed posters no longer being told to have all or part of their real name in the signature, if not as a username, so is this rule no longer enforced?

It is, but not that new members cannot alter their signature until their 5th post. 
So some may be alterted of their transgression but as yet unable to comply.In the meantime though, feel free to alert us of transgressors.. Wink
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
(03-07-2021, 02:56 PM)Robert Vermaat Wrote: new members cannot alter their signature until their 5th post. 
So some may be alterted of their transgression but as yet unable to comply.

I have often wondered whether new members can get round this rather curious rule by simply making three or four completely meaningless posts and thus put themselves in a position to make the necessary changes.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
They could but I can't force them. But unless they do not want to post beyond their 4th post they will have to comply at some stage Wink
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
(03-07-2021, 02:56 PM)Robert Vermaat Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 02:22 PM)Condottiero Magno Wrote: Noticed posters no longer being told to have all or part of their real name in the signature, if not as a username, so is this rule no longer enforced?

It is, but not that new members cannot alter their signature until their 5th post. 
So some may be alterted of their transgression but as yet unable to comply.In the meantime though, feel free to alert us of transgressors.. Wink

Didn't know or forgot about the fifth post.

I was thinking of a certain Balzacian French colonel who has produced 3 threads and 21 posts... Dodgy

Alerting of transgressors?!? Would I get a suitable Greek or Latin title to go with being an informant? Wink
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
(04-11-2021, 06:24 PM)Condottiero Magno Wrote: Alerting of transgressors?!? Would I get a suitable Greek or Latin title to go with being an informant? Wink

How about 'delator'?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Delator? Undecided

Seems low on the totem pole.

How about the more glamorous Frumentarius (Incognitus)? Cool
aka T*O*N*G*A*R