Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best prices for linen, wool
Along the same lines as the thread on leather, I know Deb has mentioned a less expensive alternative for linen than the MJCahn in New York, but I don't recall the name.<br>
<br>
And, where is a good place for toga weight wool? I have looked through the local stores but don't find anything like what Togaman describes, and, what's there is quite expensive per yard. <p>Legio XX<br>
Caupona Asellinae</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Okay, I haven't read the boards in a while. Sorry about that.<br>
<br>
www.fabrics-store.com has good prices on linen but a random stock of things so check back often. I got some nice stuff for under or around $5/yd. They have yarn-dyed stripes and designs which is period-correct.<br>
<br>
Surprisingly enough, Joann's has some 100% linen for good prices. They are also hit or miss and you can't find anything during this time of the year since they consider linen a "Summer" fabric. Look in their "homespun" or reenactor's section. I forget what exactly they call it. They also have an on-line store and will frequently offer discount coupons or free shipping for on-line order which is a great deal.<br>
<br>
Deb <p></p><i></i>
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
I didn't know anyone had a 'reenactors' section. I'll have to look for that. <p>Legio XX<br>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
G-street has a whole section, mainly aimed at Silly War types (American Civil War for you non-US people. . Lots of blue and grey wool that's heniously over-priced. They also have a huge selection of linen that's $25/yd. Gack!<br>
<br>
Deb <p></p><i></i>
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
indeed, we bought some of that linen; look at Asellina's yellow tunica. She only wears that one for Lupercalia! <p>Legio XX<br>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  linen or wool more common? richsc 4 1,476 02-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Anonymous