Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barbarians (Netflix)
The Kit in this show  doesn't even look as bad as it usually does when it's a production about ancient Rome and its enemies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBnYJcZJ-A
--- Marcus F. ---
Indeed and I think the Kalkriese face mask showed up in the trailer, too.
Aka
Christoph
--- Marcus F. ---
Not a gauntlet in sight, and lots of torques etc. Looks pretty good to me.
Aka
Christoph
Just started to look yesterday evening

seems they did a better job then others. What I liked alot is taht they do speak german and latin. Wonderfull

Most of the equipment looks nice even interesting although there are couple of things that bother me. EG they build a camp surrounded to its limits by wood, they would have cut the closest trees for sure.

Easiest entrance to camp: the "latrine" caca
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
This show was deplorable. Ridiculous Hollywood battle scene. The money would have been better spent on a hospital. Probably a second series being planned or already in production.
This series is trash. If you want to watch great historical cinema, I suggest Akira Kurosawa’s Kagemusha. It has objectively the best battle scene ever created in film. (You will understand what I mean when you watch it.)
I liked it. Romans aren't British, armor is pretty accurate, and German's don't automatically have only fur as clothing.
James Ajiduah
In short you suggest it? Smile
- CaesarAugustus
www.romanempire.cloud
(Marco Parente)
I will say that the Roman costumes were much more authentic than the German ones. I doubt many German warriors wore dead dear bodies on their heads in battle... And there were still a bit too many furs for my taste. But you can't have it all...
Aka
Christoph
Season 2. Of course not accurate as to the history, but the Roman costumes are pretty good. Tiberius wears the Hallaton helmet, for example.
Aka
Christoph
That's all we can say about it - the Romans (still) look good, but the Germanic civilians as well as soldiers - abysmal.

Historic event have been outright raped, I expect Arminius to take Rome in season 3.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Roman Empire' on Netflix Justin I 3 7,210 05-15-2019, 07:07 AM
Last Post: Dan Howard