Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Book on the Gallic War, with original illustrations
Dear fellow re-enactors and Roman army enthusiasts;

I think some of you should be interested in my latest book. It is actually a reprint. The book details the Roman army of Julius Caesar during the Gallic War. You will not only find a summarized history of the war but a lot of information on the different formations of the army (with its Gallic, German, Numidian, Spanish ... auxiliaries), and on its equipment.

This book is full of photos and above all magnificent illustrations by my comrade Florent Vincent (who has already illustrated several Osprey books). His illustrations are very researched and detailed. These very original illustrations offer a new vision of Caesar's army, which is often very poorly represented (often as during the Punic wars).

This 120 page book has a large format (210 X 280) and a semi-rigid cover. The impression is perfect, and I am very proud of the result. If you are interested, you can order it on Amazon, or directly on my publisher's website :

http://www.historic-one.com/patrimoine/cesar.htm

During this month of July, I publish another book in the same collection, on the gladiators. Here again, there will be very beautiful illustrations by Florent Vincent, and images of unknown gladiators.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It looks great! Congratulations on the forthcoming publications.
Nathan Ross
Thank you. There are other beautiful illustrations in this book. I am very proud of it. I encourage everyone to read it
Any differences between the original and reprint of L'armée de César pendant la Guerre des Gaules?

What happened to the book on gladiators? How much of it will focus on unknown gladiators vs ones covered elsewhere? I've got several books covering the usual ones, but really interested in obscure ones, especially in the east.
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
(09-11-2020, 02:30 AM)Condottiero Magno Wrote: Any differences between the original and reprint of L'armée de César pendant la Guerre des Gaules?

What happened to the book on gladiators? How much of it will focus on unknown gladiators vs ones covered elsewhere? I've got several books covering the usual ones, but really interested in obscure ones, especially in the east.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The book on Caesar's army does not differ from the first edition. The content is the same.

For the book on gladiators, it appeared last week. You can order it on AMAZONE, or on the website of the French publisher:
http://www.historic-one.com/patrimoine/patrimoine.htm

He talks about the history of the gladiators, but he mainly describes the armaturae and their weaponry. Of course, one could write a book on each armature. You will also find the first gladiators.

Here is the cover and 2 inside pages.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)