Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an un-sewn tunica/stola
In Norma Goldman's 'Let's Wrap" video she has a technique of draping a tunica/stola (forget what she calls it..I loaned the video out) that just pins at the shoulders and uses belts to keep from coming undone. No sewing, in other words. Has anyone tried this to see if it's practical when moving around? Seems like it would gap and fall open a lot. <p>Legio XX<br>
Caupona Asellinae</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Hi Rich,<br>
You seem to be describing a "peplum." It is Greek "peplos" and very archaic, but had a long life, if the Romans had a name for it. It is the easiest and indeed most revealing Greek article of clothing. It does fall open, but my models use a button--loop combination for more modest venues. My FAQs page on women's clothing has a few shots. By the way, the new season begins next week and I'll be on the road for a few days, but I hope to come back with new and better photos of all the new costumes and armorial improvement. Finally got an Albion/Depeeka Lorica Segmentata (Corbridge A) to replace my Museum Replicas POS. I can even fit into it, and my soldier thinks he's died and gone to legionary heaven!<br>
<br>
Wade Heaton<br>
Lucius Cornelius Libo<br>
[email protected] <br>
www.togaman.com <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stola...which is correct? Magnus 4 2,809 04-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite
  Stola v. tunica Lepidina 2 1,827 05-17-2007, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Marcus Julius