Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back after illness
Unfortunately I have not been active here or on the other sites I inhabit due to both my good lady developing a serious health condition, swiftly followed by problems with my own health necessitating my having to take early retirement.
However, both our health are stabilising with the aid of the NHS and I feel well enough to join in the debates such as before on this worthy site.
Just trawling through all the myriad posts I have missed the last two years...
Adrian Coombs-Hoar
Welcome back. Glad to hear the health is on the mend.
(07-31-2019, 12:59 PM)ValentinianVictrix Wrote: Unfortunately I have not been active here or on the other sites I inhabit due to both my good lady developing a serious health condition, swiftly followed by problems with my own health necessitating my having to take early retirement.
However, both our health are stabilising with the aid of the NHS and I feel well enough to join in the debates such as before on this worthy site.
Just trawling through all the myriad posts I have missed the last two years...

Welcome back Adrian! Good to know you're a bit better!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Whose Adrian? Drollery aside, welcome back. Sorry to hear about you amd your good lady's health issues. My wishes for a continued and speedy recovery.

P.s. Adrianople in 2020? I need something to look forward to!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
(08-01-2019, 07:35 PM)Longovicium Wrote: Whose Adrian? Drollery aside, welcome back. Sorry to hear about you amd your good lady's health issues. My wishes for a continued and speedy recovery.

That would be great, start in Istanbul?
Adrian Coombs-Hoar
(08-12-2019, 06:20 PM)ValentinianVictrix Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 07:35 PM)Longovicium Wrote: Whose Adrian? Drollery aside, welcome back. Sorry to hear about you amd your good lady's health issues. My wishes for a continued and speedy recovery.

That would be great, start in Istanbul?

Welcome back Wink
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Hello to all,
                 Welcome come back.

with best regards-sajid
Welcome back Adrian
Regards
Mick Kerr
Michael Kerr
"You can conquer an empire from the back of a horse but you can't rule it from one"
A belated welcome back, Adrian. I hope the health problems continue to abate.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)