Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civic Crown
Considering the fact that the Civic crown was made out of oak leaves, how did the person show afterwards that he was awarded this honor?
I mean being made of organic material, it would fall apart at some point and I doubt a new oak leave  crown would be made...
Daniel
(09-18-2021, 03:52 PM)RCorvus Wrote: Considering the fact that the Civic crown was made out of oak leaves, how did the person show afterwards that he was awarded this honor?
I mean being made of organic material, it would fall apart at some point and I doubt a new oak leave  crown would be made...

Holders were also later given a golden crown of the same to show they held the award.
(09-18-2021, 04:10 PM)Hanny Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 03:52 PM)RCorvus Wrote: Considering the fact that the Civic crown was made out of oak leaves, how did the person show afterwards that he was awarded this honor?

Holders were also later given a golden crown of the same to show they held the award.

Basically a golden oak leave crown?
Are there any sources that describing that?

Would be interesting to see a reconstruction of it.
Daniel
Try Lacius Curtis Corona, Roman wreaths and crowns, or Pliny natural History books 15 and 20, and a net search, forRoman wreaths and crowns also has some detail and images.