Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Celtic Leather Chain Belt
Hi,

I'm restoring and doing the leather work on a pair of Viktor Berbecucz Celtic swords and I'd like to use some of this useless strip of elkhide that I've had lying around forever to make up a belt like that one we've all seen on the statue; the one that looks like a chain of leather links.

I made a model once out of what were basically figure-8's, folded in half so the hole line up, and the next link through them and so on...but does anyone know if this is the right way to do it?  Could I get the same effect by just folding leather washers in half?

Salve,
~ M.
Darren
Hi do you have a pic or reference to what your talking about as it would avoid misunderstandings...

Wink
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Britain Celtic 1st Century AD Shield + Sword Belt Antoninus05 12 5,147 03-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Last Post: bloodseekerboi1
  suspension chain for celtic sword hephestus 3 2,274 03-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Last Post: hephestus