Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning to RAT, too - Question about image size
Avete omnes,

after a longer time of being out of the forum I want to return and  perhaps be somewhat more active again.  
Cool

BTW, it's very nice to see that some of the old comrads are still there. Take allone in this sub-forum Jasper and Robert. Shy 
My first activity was to update an old thread by renewing some images. It worked quite well in #1:

https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/showth...4#pid10294

So my first question is: are there any forum rules about the image size? I found none here and cautious as I am, I reduced the size of my own pictures to less than 150 KB, which is a typical norm for the image size in other forums; to the inserted picture I added as a reference its link from the internet.

Is it o.k. in this way?

Greets - Uwe
Hello Uwe,

Welcome back!
We don't have formal rules about this, but each member has an alotted amount of space to fill - as far as I know, this could have changed over recent years.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
If you go to your account you'll find an attachment manager in the left hand menu, at least for me the "attachment quota" is Unlimited and currently stands at nearly 13mb for 100+ pics, mostly I stick to jpg's bettween 1200-600 pixels wide and 100(or less)-300kb largely because I feel this is large enough for me so should be ok for everyone else... but theres not much point in posting stuff that you can't see easily, so I guess size depends on the subject...

Wink
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Hallo Robert and Ivor,

thank You for Your friendly 'welcome back' and the explanations. This helps a bit further to understand how it works.
Greets - Uwe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Returning to RAT Gaius V. 5 3,265 07-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Gaius V.