Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Nameless city in Africa taken by Scipio
(07-18-2019, 09:39 AM)Steven James Wrote:
Michael Collins Wrote:
Quote:Steven,
If cavalry were made to pass through Roman infantry, the space through which they manoeuvred would have been roughly the same size as a deployed century right (allowing for sub-unit intervals)? Would they have used the same procedures as for a deploying maniple?

The cavalry lanes are made by ordines. This is the most overlooked concept by academics. They do not get it. The ordo is commanded by a centurion ordinarii. I guard my research into the ordo very carefully. Understand the ordo and you unlock the legion. However, I am extremely happy that academics and many on this forum believe an ordo is another name for a maniple.

"Ordo", as far as I'm aware, is used for several things from banks of oars to rows of bleachers to ranks to, occasionally, "units" (or maniple). But I've other threads to get to rather than begin again! And I'm stuffed after a long day. Again. Too tired for a decent few red wines. That is, I'm afraid, criminal....
Paralus|Michael Park

Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους

Wicked men, you are sinning against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander!

Academia.edu

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nameless city in Africa taken by Scipio - by Paralus - 07-18-2019, 10:47 AM