Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
About rating 4 star 5 star
Hi, to all,
                would you like to express me who give the rating of any topic like
                4 star 5 star ?
                what is important of it?
                hope you understand me and thanks in advance.

with best regards-sajid
What star ratings? Not here I think?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hello to all,

suppose we see the section roman military history & archaeology, topic ( late Roman
                         unit size) here i am seeing 4 yellow colors star?

with best regards-sajid
Yes I can see them myself. Here is a screenshot. At first I thought the stars were highlighted to show the amount of interest in a thread eg. views or replies but doesn't look like that is the case. Seems anyone can click the stars to make them go yellow once you click and go into a forum to highlight a thread I suppose.    Cool  

Regards
Michael Kerr
Michael Kerr
"You can conquer an empire from the back of a horse but you can't rule it from one"
You can see them up at the top right corner of this thread as well. For demonstration purposes, I've just awarded it five stars!

(I've never seen the point of them myself, and most people seem to ignore them completely...)
Nathan Ross
But only three seem to have been recorded, so how do you work that out?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
(06-13-2018, 02:00 PM)Renatus Wrote: But only three seem to have been recorded, so how do you work that out?

Hmm, mysterious!... Either somebody else has marked the thread with a single star subsequently, and the score has evened out, or the system needs more than one vote to register for the top score.

Does anyone know what this rating system is supposed to be for? Does anyone actually use it properly?
Nathan Ross
I tried to give it another two, just for fun, but the system only accepted one. When I tried to enter the second, I got a message that I had already rated the thread. Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice would have said.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
I don't think people use it, but it seems to work as advertised.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next Episode of Star Wars casts a long shadow ... Simplex 4 1,631 12-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Star of Spartacus: Blood and Sand ill again ParthianBow 4 1,800 09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Narukami
  STAR TREK- worst movie EVER Matt Lukes 35 7,823 05-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Last Post: texascavtrooper