Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early roman and modern roman
Hi,to all,
                 where place, where mostly early roman  evidence found  and what should be
                 definition in one line difference between early roman and modern roman ?
                 hope you will be help as before and thanks in advance.

with best regards-sajid
Dear Sir,

I hope this is not offensive, but I am afraid your question needs to be phrased a little more clearly. Early Rome and Modern Rome are very loose terms -- depending on your interest, early Rome might mean the Roman Kingdom (e.g. Romulus to Tarquin), the wars of the birth of the republic (Lars Porsena, Scaevola and Horatius, the Battle of Lake Regillus), the development of the republican constitution (the Conflict of the Orders, the Twelve Tables) all the way through to the Punic Wars, the later wars of the Republic, Sulla, the Triumvirate and the early Empire (Caesar, Octavian (the God Augustus), the Julio-Claudians).

Modern Rome -- do you mean post-classical Rome, but what do we mean by post-classical? I regard the Julio-Claudian period as the latest truly ''classical'' period, in the popular sense of the word, and believe Rome started to decline about the time of the third Punic War. To me, Middle and Late Antiquity are times of decline and of little interest and the Christian period a real Dark Age. There are, however, highly erudite men, far more so than I will ever be, on this forum who would completely disagree with me and who have made their life's work and evident love the latter days of Rome. It is one of the finest legacies of the Classical world that men can disagree as friends.

The gist of this is that the frame of reference moves with the person one asks! Nevertheless, we do need some more information, or dates, might help us pin down your question.
Patrick J. Gray

'' Now. Close your eyes. It's but a short step to the boat, a short pull across the river.''
''And then?''
''And then, I promise you, you'll dream a different story altogether''

From ''I, Claudius'', by J. Pulman after R. Graves.
The Big Difference is this:
Early Romans got up at 4 o'clock in the morning and ate hardtack.
Modern Romans get up later and have a cappuccino.
Big Grin
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
I spluttered Falernian all over my tabulae -- very well done.
Patrick J. Gray

'' Now. Close your eyes. It's but a short step to the boat, a short pull across the river.''
''And then?''
''And then, I promise you, you'll dream a different story altogether''

From ''I, Claudius'', by J. Pulman after R. Graves.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Late Roman and Early Legions SAJID 4 267 07-18-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: SAJID
  Early Roman wars Barbula 4 745 12-31-2018, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Dan Howard
  Database of Military Inscriptions and Papyri of Early Roman Palestine ChrisZeichmann 2 848 02-23-2018, 04:10 PM
Last Post: ChrisZeichmann