Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a Fulham Scabbard With Reprousse~ Plates
(09-09-2017, 08:57 PM)Doc Wrote: Excellent Work Patrick…..

Where can you be contacted for commissions?

Cheers

Thank you Doc.

If you are interested in a commission send me an email to: [email protected]

(09-06-2017, 06:26 AM)Pointer Wrote: Scabbard Progress Update, September 6, 2017...   Main Terminal Scabbard Plate nearly finished... Note: The original Main Terminal Scabbard plate and the Triangular Chape Plate where original archeological finds from a "MAINZ" Sword Scabbard.  My Client has a "Fulham" Scabbard. These plates had to be "Re-drawn" by hand and scaled down to fit.  My client and I also decided to stay accurate, however, to make things a little more balanced and symmetrical.  From a lot of my research on these type of scabbard plated where the Insignia on the terminal plate is most likely the Insignia on that Legion's Scutum Shields, this design natural becomes a little crooked as the metal moves during the repousse process.  So... here is the Terminal plate... It still needs an inscription in the barren name plate at the top, the outside border has to have the "Rope" pattern put into it and... a few things need to be etched in the background...

Progress on the Scabbard.

All of the plates have been created. The Repousse has been applied... The cutaways on the Chape Plate have been made.  The Chape finial is finished.  The Gutters are made and fitted.  The Suspension bands still need to be made.  Here is the update pics.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a Fulham Scabbard With Reprousse~ Plates - by Pointer - 09-14-2017, 02:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1st Century Roman Fulham Gladius Sword and Scabbard Pointer 4 1,663 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Repousse~ Scabbard Plates and Lockets Pointer 24 4,367 08-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Last Post: ROMan
  pompei gladius whit scabbard plates from carnuntum munazio planco 2 2,037 07-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Last Post: arklore70